Thursday, March 21, 2013

From scratch: No-Bake Energy Bites (Cookie balls)



My kids call these cookie balls, and they love them. They are pretty yummy and really handy when needing a  filling snack on the go. And super easy and quick to make.

No-Bake Energy Bites
(Cookie Balls)

Ingredients:
1 Cup of dry oatmeal (I use quick oats)
1/2 Cup of peanut butter
1/2 Cup of ground flax seed or wheat germ (I use 1/4 cup of each)
1/2 Cup of chocolate chips 
1/3 Cup of honey
1 tsp vanilla

Directions:
Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed. Let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour. Once chilled, roll into balls of whatever size you would like. (I make mine about 1 inch). Store in airtight container and keep refrigerator for up to 1 week.


2 comments:

Tia Hopper said...

These are in my fridge right now, I love them!! Although ours have coconut in them, yum!!!

Shaun and Lanette said...

Yum! Those sound and look so yummy. We'll have to try them soon!

I can't find your email address right now, so I have a quick unrelated question--would you mind sending a couple of pics related to your post (whatever pics you're comfortable with!) when you send that? And do you mind if I use your itsaboutlove profile pic too? Thanks so much :)