Friday, March 1, 2013

From scratch: Graham Crackers

We really love these!! They are really quick and easy to make so sometimes when I am in a pinch and need a snack for my kids but have run out of options because I need to go grocery shopping I will make these really quick. They take a little bit more than ten minutes from start to finish. I got the recipe from HERE at Little Birdie Secrets. 
They really aren't anything like the graham crackers in the store. They are more of a cookie than a cracker. 

Graham Crackers

Ingredients:
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup honey

directions:
1. mix dry ingredients together in med mixing bowl.
2. in a separate bowl mix together the melted butter and honey.
3. add liquid mixture to dry mixture, stir until combined.
4. drop the mixture onto cookie sheet and roll out.
(I use my SILPAT and I just flatten it out with my hand as much as possible because it is sticky.)
5. bake for 8 minutes at 400 degrees.
6. Once out of oven (while still hot) cut with a pizza cutter into cracker size rectangles.

***Another reminder that these don't keep stored for very long because of the lack of preservatives (which is a good thing!).

No comments: