Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Mac funnies and a little sweetness too!!


**I am so enjoying how Mac tells us he is upset now a days! One night because Daddy turned something off he wanted to watch, "I am so NOT happy with you!!" and then, because he was upset about the consequences he was getting for not getting his teeth brushed, "Mommy, I don't like how daddy is acting, he's not acting like I want him to!" LOVE my boy!

**Begging for cheese crackers for a snack and me telling him for the hundredth time that he can have fruit and his choices were a banana, peaches or pears. He finally thought he was giving in and said, "FINE, I will have applesauce!" I said that he already had applesauce for breakfast and repeated his choices. He says, "Are you telling me that applesauce isn't good for our bodies!!!"

**When I checked on him in the middle of the night I found him with his shirt off (that is a first). When he walks in to our room this morning the first thing he said was, "Mom, do you know what I found in my bed?!" (Me: What buddy?") "A white shirt, I think it fell off of me when I was sleeping!" I couldn't help but laugh hard.

**I was singing songs in the car to keep Oak happy until we got home. Mac says to me, "Mom, you should just drive!" (Me: "Are you saying that I shouldn't sing and drive at the same time?") "Yeah, it's not safe!" Thanks for your wise words cute boy!!

** Mac got his new legos (current prized possession) taken away for many reasons, one of them being for the chaos he creates when put in timeout for not listening. After he has settled down and asked for his legos. He was told he had to earn them back by going a whole week without getting put in time out. A little while late he comes to me and says tomorrow I am going to make a "no timeout" sign with a circle and a line through it. I about died and had to hold my composure as I told him that was a GREAT idea!!

**Oak brought me a pirate eye patch and wanted it on. The string was missing and I asked Mac if he knew where it was at. He says, "It broke off so I threw it on the floor and called it junk!" (Hubs later told me that it is from "Hector the Collector" in Where The Sidewalk Ends.)

**He told me he had eaten most of his sisters grapes at lunch time. I told him that wasn't very nice and that it doesn't make me happy that he would do that. He says, "Oh I see how it is...(then breaks into the Tangled song) Mother knows best..."

**We have been listening to the Disney station on Pandora for most of the evening. Mac comes up to me, grabs my hand and says "My lady" and drags me to the family room to dance. So adorable! I have no clue where he got that from, but I LOVE it! It also pretty much started a dance party for the rest of the evening. Happy memories in the making!! ♥

**As difficult as Mac had been one day it ended on a very sweet note with us snuggling in his bed and him asking me to tell him the story about when he was adopted ♥

**We did "High/Low" at dinner time. Mac's "high" for the day was me playing trains with him in his bedroom. Totally melted me since I for sure thought he would say playing in the snow with his friends. Love my boy!! ♥

No comments: