Saturday, January 7, 2012

getting outside...


This is my favorite cell phone pic I have ever taken! Love my two adorable babies!!
I really wish these were taken with a real camera so the quality was better. I even had the thought to go in and get my DSLR but it wasn't in a convenient spot to grab quickly while my kiddos were outside by themselves. Anyway...
The mornings have been beautiful and sunny this past week. It was very needed in the midst of constant sad news all week. I think it has rained just as much as it has been sunny, but that hasn't stopped us, in fact it has made it more fun. We got outside so much this week and not only did I love it but the kids loved it! YES, it is the middle of winter, but I really shouldn't let that stop us from enjoying the outdoors. It is my goal to be better about getting outside more.
In getting outside I even went against my uptightness and let Mac get as dirty as much as his vibrant little heart desired. He had fun getting soaked jumping in mud puddles and fun getting dirty sliding down muddy dirty hills. I only let go of my uptightness with Mac and I made sure to keep Oak nice and clean and dry. Mostly because she has been sick this week and also she was never dressed in anything that I was ok with her ruining. One step at a time right?!















He was building a bird nest out of mud, sticks and grass. When we got home and I was getting him in the bath he said to me, "I sure hope the birds like the bird nest I made for them!" It was very sweet and cute!

No comments: