Friday, January 6, 2012

Happenings this week...



I have spent most of my week with a heavy heart and praying for those who are hurting from losing their loved ones.  I just really can't bear to hear anymore sad news this week. My Sister-in-law's (my brother's wife) brother was tragically killed. Some friends (from our old Ward in Tigard) lost their sweet little girl. She was two and she was born with a sever heart defect. And then some friends who were expecting to adopt a baby girl next month are now going through a failed adoption. I am just so heart broken for all of them, I can hardly stand it.

When I went grocery shopping by myself Tuesday night I got a text from Hubs saying that Oak woke up and was throwing up. She spent the entire evening from about 9pm to 12 am throwing up until Hubs was able to go find a gas station convenient store open and got some Gatorade. She downed that and was running around giggling at 1am when we put her to bed for the night. She slept the whole night and woke up much better. She still doesn't have an appetite and last night and this morning she really doesn't seem to be feeling very well again although no puking.

I got a text this morning with some very happy news from a friend and it has just made my day. So happy for her and her husband and where they are in their life right now. I can't wait for them to be sealed in the Temple and I really hope it works out for me to be there when that happens.

When I checked on Mac in the night (like I do every night) he didn't have a shirt on. Some how he must of taken it off, that was a first. So the first thing Mac says when he walks into our room this morning, Mac: "Mom, do you know what I found in my bed?!" (Me: "What buddy?") Mac: "A white shirt! I think it fell off of me when I was sleeping!"  I was laughing so hard! He has been pretty funny the whole morning and making me laugh non stop with the funny things he is saying. Love when he wakes up in a good mood.

I have been loving the morning sun bursting through our windows this week. And we even went outside a few times this week to play and walked to the mailbox a few times (I haven't done that in  months). Loved it!!

Yesterday Mac told me he really wanted Grandma W to come to his house. So I had him call her and he asked her if she could come to our house right now. They happened to be at their Walmart and left straight from there and headed to our house one and half hours away. The kids could hardly stand waiting for them to get here. I wanted to make a new recipe so I asked them to stay for dinner. It was fun!

We had to take the dresser and the rocking chair out of Oaks room. They were becoming a hazard as my baby girl is quite the busy thing and loves to climb and stand or get into everything. We moved them both in to our room, so my room is longer clean, ack! I got a little nine cube organizer and organized her toys and also got one for the toys in the family room. It has been a life saver for Oak and for cleaning up. So much easier.

Oak ended up getting a black eye when she was "helping" put together one of the cube organizers. The organizer was laying flat and I was hammering on the cardboard that goes on the back to sturdy it. I was putting the last of five cardboard pieces and only had one nail in it and she decided to lean on it like she was going to climb up and fell through. She smacked her face on the rough edge of the shelf and it smacked her between the eyes and underneath her right eye. The bridge of her nose swelled up pretty quickly and now her black eye is gradually subsiding. Pretty sure she is going to keep us in the ER most of her toddler years.

Oak went to Nursery the entire time this last Sunday. Hubs just took her for a little while to get used to it, since she is just a little over a month away from being old enough, and they said she was doing so good to just leave her there. So he did! And she did great! I can't believe how grown up she has been acting this week. It is killing me!

1 comment:

Emily said...

I'm the same this week...just so sad. My friend in my ward gave birth to a stillborn and my heart is just broken. I can't seem to get over it. I'm so sorry for all your sad news. Lots of prayers and hugs for you!