Monday, January 16, 2012

Hubs turned 33!


Note: So I (we) are usually terrible at celebrating our own birthdays or really doing something for each other on their birthdays. I know, terrible right? But this year I have made it a goal to be better about birthdays, ours and extended family members birthdays.

Hubs turned 33 last week and when I asked Mac what we should do for Daddy's birthday, of course his first response was to make daddy a chocolate cake. So that for sure was on our list of things to do.
We first went to Target and got the stuff we needed to make a cake and Mac wanted to pick out a present for his Daddy. And of course he wanted to get him Legos, so I let him. We got birthday cards and we also got balloons and window markers and went to where he worked and put a whole bunch of balloons in his car and wrote on the window a little birthday note. (I knew Hubs would totally hate that because sometimes he can be a little party pooper :) ). Then we went to the mall to find the gift that I had planned on getting him. He had been saying how he wanted to get a new battery in his watch and I didn't know where his watch was and it is 10 years old and not very professional looking. So I wanted to get him a really nice watch. I found what I wanted on Macy's web site and printed the picture and took it into Macy's to try to find it. I found it and was just so excited I could hardly contain myself.
We went home and started making the cake, wrapped presents, cleaned the house, and got dinner started. We invited Hubs's parents for dinner. Hubs wouldn't give me a clear answer on what he wanted for his birthday dinner so I just made sure to make something that he could actually eat and that he likes alot. Mac could hardly contain himself waiting for the time when Daddy could open his presents. We talked over and over most of the day about how we have to keep the present a secret so that Daddy would be surprised when he opened it.
Dinner was yummy and Hubs loved all of his presents!
I was proud of myself for making it a special day and loved that we got to spoil Daddy. He so deserves it. He works so hard to provide for us and then comes home most of the time to a very grumpy family. I love this man more than words could ever say!

1 comment:

Jewls said...

I'm terrible at birthdays and have the same resolution! It's so much more fun to celebrate your birthday with kids though! :)