Saturday, December 3, 2011

Utah trip Part 1

 We were able to drive to Utah with my parents. The main reason we were going was to be able to go to the Temple when my nephew went through for his endowments. He will be leaving on his mission to the Concepcion, Chile mission in January. We were lucky enough to get to spend Thanksgiving with my family too. We packed so much into this trip and it was so much fun. It was a very long trip since we were gone for about 12 days, but it made it easier with Hubs going with us.

It was our plan to drive through the night to get to Utah. Then we were going to try to get to Boise for dinner and we were going to stay at the recently released Boise Temple Presidents house (his daughter and her family are in my parents Ward). We got a super late start because of what time our rental van was ready for pick up. I was excited to get to Boise because we were going to stop and meet an old friend of mine for dinner that I had lost contact with for more than 5 years and just recently got back in contact with her. We were supposed to meet for dinner, but we could see that we were going to get to Boise to late so we were going to meet her for breakfast instead. We got to Pendleton and the had the highway closed and we were forced to stay in a hotel there. I was actually glad because I didn't want to be traveling those bad roads just past Pendleton in the dark.
The kids did awesome in the car and when they got out and we were in the hotel they went wild. Oh my were they wild!! We got up the next morning to snow and headed up to the bad roads that go through the mountains. They weren't terrible, but it was still scary!



This was the first time that Oak got to ride facing forward. She loved it and would just giggle everytime we would look back at her. They were so cute zonked together in the back seat.

Trying to get the kids to settle down so we could get some sleep.

We weren't able to meet my friend until lunch time. But we finally got to Boise and I finally got to see my friend Rebecca. I am totally bummed that I forgot to get a picture of us. It was so great to see her and meet her new husband and her two adorable girls.
We then didn't get to my brothers house in West Jordan until almost 10pm that night. It was such a long drawn out road trip. And the kids did so great!!

When we got to Utah, they had just gotten some snow and that is all Mac wanted to do. It was Sunday, so we left the kids home with my parents and Hubs and I went to church with my sister-in-law. After we got home we decided to build a snowman before all the snow melted. The snow was so awesome and Hubs literally just rolled it like it was a blanket.


After I took this picture i went in the house. A little while later, Mac comes in and asks if I would come out and throw snowballs at him. So as I come out, the boys attacked me. It was fun and I loved watching Mac get so excited over throwing snowballs.

We stayed at my brothers house. They have a finished basement and so we had plenty of room for us and the kids. We didn't even have to share a room with our kids, so nice. My brother has twin boys who are just a few months younger than Oak. Oak loved them, and loved helping take care of them. Unfortunately when we got there one of the boys was really sick and they had to take him to the ER a few times.


Grandma and the boys.

Little T was so sick when we got there, poor guy! Thankfully he got better quickly and we got to enjoy his cute personality.

Sunday night we went to Provo to visit Hubs's sister and her husband. It was so fun to see them. My kids adore both of them!




My brother got Mac hooked up with PacMan and it was kindof a never ending battle with Mac the whole trip. It caused alot of tantrums. We were thinking about possibly getting a Wii although we have always been against having video games in our home. But then after this trip we changed our mind and are back to for sure NOT wanting video games in our home. We are fine with playing them at other peoples houses :)


We didn't do much on Monday, but on Tuesday decided to take Mac to the dinosaur museum. We thought he would love it, but we kindof forgot how Mac is with things like museums. He gets too excited and can't stop to look at anything and enjoy it. He has to move from one thing to the next before he even gets to really look at anything. It makes it kindof not fun.


he did however like digging for dinosaur bones. And he loved the movie about the earth that we saw there.

This was the first time putting Oak on my shoulders and it did not go well. She LOVES to pull my hair and so she was in heaven.

Tuesday night we also went and visited our very best friends from when we both lived in Tigard. I didn't take any pictures, but Amy did and I haven't gotten them from her.

No comments: