Thursday, December 22, 2011

Life in cell phone pics...

Like everyone else, life is BUSY! I haven't felt like I have had much time to update my blog, nor have I wanted to. December has seriously FLOWN by, I swear we just got back from Utah, but it has been 4 weeks since then. Our month has been full of sickness and all the normal holiday fun and traditions.
I was doing laundry and Oak was in helping me and she all of a sudden was in the dryer.

We have never let our kids sleep with us, but the last few months Mac will come in to our room in the middle of the night and want to be snuggled, I am usually too tired to get up and take him back to his room so I just let him come in our bed. Bad idea. Some night he does this 3 or 4 times after we have taken him back to his bed. Thankfully it isn't every night. But I don't mind it when he comes in the early morning when Hubs is getting ready for work and then he falls back asleep in our bed. I actually love that and find it really sweet!

Mac had his third cleaning at the Dentist. And he did better this time than the last two times. Although he did really good the last two times. He let them clean his teeth without and hesitation. Which is great, because his teeth were really stained and brown. Mac is usually a non-go-with-the-flow, uncooperative kid, so it surprised me. His hygienist is SO great with him. And he left with sparkly white teeth.

He had to miss his buddy's pirate birthday party because it was on a Sunday. But she saved a goody bag for him and he makes such a cute little pirate.

We have to be really careful about closing all doors in our house, because Oak has a keen sense to door left cracked open and knowing she isn't supposed to be in there. Mac is usually really great at closing the bathroom door because he know Oak will get in there. One day he forgot and Mac and I found her like this. She was so funny because she was all giggles and squeals about getting caught. She is so funny! Mac and I were laughing so hard.

Dinner and dessert at Costco. Daddy was working a long day and our power was out so we headed to Costco for errands and to waste time.

Oak loves the animal sound app on our iTouch (which is now not working anymore, since I dropped it in a cup of water. It recovered once, but died again, boo!)

She would lay like this or lay on her tummy and play on it. SO cute!

Mac got croup and Oak had a bad cough so we took a lazy, sick day and made a fort and watched movies in it all day. We had two, scheduled, 3 hour, power outages and this was the second day of it so when it got dark we got our lantern and continued to watch movies on the iPad (that thankfully daddy had left at home).

One day I hear Oak say "poopoo" and I turn around and she had tried to wrap a diaper around her bear. So I put the diaper on her bear the right way and then spent the entire day diapering her bear and then her taking it off and re-diapering her bear. We probably did this at least 30 times a day for about a week.

On Mac's birthday and he had fallen asleep on our way into town for his birthday fun! Cutie!!

Oak is getting quite girly lately in the fact that she loves purses and dolls and pushing strollers and putting on shoes. She will put a bag on her shoulder and wave and say "bye!"

They both had just gotten out of the bath and I left the room for a minute and came back to this. Mac has been so sweet with her lately and loves to rough house and wrestle and snuggle with her. THankfully she LOVES it too!

After two weeks worth of sickness in our house, we needed to get out and even though it was a cold day and 9am we decided to go on a walk and find some mud puddles and just wander around. I didn't put Oak in a stroller this time but let her wander too and she was in heaven. It was alot of fun! And it was a good excuse to have hot chocolate when we got home.

Oak and Mac were very spoiled by Oak's birth family for Christmas. This was Oak's gift. So cute right?!?!

My little diva! Oak loves anything you can put on. Her favorite being sunglasses and hats. She pretty much wears hats all day long every day.

She all of a sudden figured out how to climb up on the kitchen chairs. Next I am sure is the table but she hasn't tried that yet, thankfully!

THe funny thing is she can't figure out how to climb down from the chair. Not sure why since she gets down from the couch or the beds just fine. But since she is terrible at staying sitting on our snack bench I have started to put her at the table to eat her snack since she won't get down and wander around. I though she looked like such a big girl sitting at the table.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Love all the pics! your kids look so grown up it's crazy. Mac looks like a pro at the dentist.

We've been sick all month too...no fun. I hope you guys have a great Christmas!!