Sunday, August 25, 2013

Alton Baker memories...

Last week I had to take our van in to get a recall repair done. The dealership happened to be near Alton Baker Park so I was excited to have a place to take the kids while we waited for the work to be done. I also love this park because for me, it is full of many childhood memories. My parents used to take me and my sibling to this park to feed the ducks and to fish. We rode our bikes on the bike trails that lead to this park all the time. In highschool we used to come to this park and play frisbee. I remember many picnic dates here. I just have so many memories of this beautiful park. Some of it hasn't changed a bit, and some of it has (like the fact that you aren't allowed to feed the ducks bread anymore). Also, I could have done without seeing so many old, wrinkly guys running/exercising with out shirts.

My kids were a bit sceptical of it since there is no playground at this park. But there absolute favorite part were the ducks. They loved looking at them and chasing them and talking about them. They didn't even care that they couldn't feed them. So glad that I remembered to bring my nice camera for some nice pictures.









1 comment:

Shelby said...

Fun!...and so much better than hanging out at the repair shop! :)
Shelby