Thursday, September 1, 2011

First Day of Preschool...

 
**Post Edit below

So today was the big day! Mac's first day of Preschool. He was really excited about it too, which makes it so much easier to let them go. He loved his chalk board countdown and it really helped prepare him as we talked about it everyday when we took a clothespin off and he traced the number of days left. Today when he took off the last clothes pin, he looked at me SO excited and said, "I get to go to Preschool now!" It made me feel good that I had prepared him for it.

We tried to make the morning special. So daddy decided to go into work late so we could make Mac breakfast. Smiley-face pancakes. He is always asking for these, but we never have anything to make a good smiley face when he asks. Then when he was done he was excited to get dressed and brushed his teeth, get his shoes on and I never had to ask him twice for any of that. He even cooperated for pictures. All of that is a very rare thing. When we had some time before it was time to go (since it takes about 5 seconds to get there) he was getting very impatient. When I finally told him we only had 5 minutes left, he said, "I don't want 5 minutes I only want two!" **A few minutes before we took him for his first day Hubs gave Mac a Father's Blessing. And Mac sat for the whole thing. It was very sweet and I am glad that my husband is worthy to do this for our children to help them get through their lives.**


He is going across the street (literally) to our neighbors house for Preschool and gets to go with two of his other neighborhood friends. G, his teacher, said he did great! Which melted away alot of fears I have for him and going to school. He came running out full of energy acting like a crazy kid, I think because he had to control all that energy he has for 2 and half hours. I am very proud of him and I hope he enjoys learning as much as I think he will.

When we finally went in our house and sat down for lunch, he pretty much talked non stop about everything that they did. It was really cute! We even called daddy at work to tell him.

And as for me, it really wasn't that hard. And Oak took her morning nap the whole time and I had 2 and a half hours all to myself to get housework done and not feel bad about neglecting my kids while I did it. I think this will help me to be able sit and play with them more, since I will have the added quite/personal time.
And



Special smiley face pancake breakfast.


Daddy is always awesome at making Mac's food fun!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Goodness! I cannot wait to try this!

Cory and Becca said...

Love this post! My son doesn't go to preschool until next year, & I am already nervous & have anxiety about it!-ahh! I wish he could go to preschool across the street :)...that countdown will probably be good for me when the time comes-lol, for real. By the way, don't you love that gate?! LOVE IT...a toddler mess traveling saver for sure!