Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Mac Moments and Funnies...


Mac: When I grow up to be a Mommy...
Me: You are a boy, boys don't grow up to be Mommy's. What are you going to grow up to be then?
Mac: A missionary!
Me: That is a great thing to want to be when you grow up. What will you be after you are a missionary?
Mac: A firefighter!
Me: That's great. You don't want to be a Daddy?
Mac: Nope, just a firefighter.
Me: You can be a Daddy and a firefighter. Our friend M is both.
Mac: Actually, I want to grow up and be MY Daddy!
Me: How do you want to be like Daddy?
Mac: I want to get big and grow pokies on my face and go to work.
Me: Sounds good bud!

Funnies...

* after he had thrown up in the car, "My sandwich went down the wrong pipe."

*We were at Old Navy and Mac needed to go potty. He said he needed to go #2 so I got him on the potty and he couldn't go. Later at home he was finally able to go and he said to me, "I think that other toilet was playing tricks on my poop." hahaha! How this boy keeps us laughing!!

* (You will understand this better if you have watched Dinosaur Train on PBS): He was giving me his conclusion on something (like how he thought something worked or why something happened, I don't remember exactly). And I told him that he had a great hypothesis (figuring he would understand since he loves to watch Dinosaur Train). He quickly said, "I'm not a dinosaur!!!" Apparently only dinosaurs can have a hyposthesis and it was argued over for a couple of minutes after.

*We were reading the Sermon on the Mount in his scripture reader. We were talking about how if we obey the commandments we will live with Heavenly Father again. And then I read how Jesus said that we should be gentle, patient and kind and Mac says, "Oak isn't soft and pulls your hair so she can't live with Heavenly Father again." haha Made sure I took that as a teaching moment :)

*As he was cleaning up the pee on the floor of the bathroom, "Holy smokes, holy smokes this is alot of pee!"

*As we were watching the Trans Siberian Orchestra on PBS, "Does Jesus like rock star music?"

*"I want to show Grandma my Halloween stickers and she will be so scared that she will jump right out of her underwear!" hahaha

No comments: