Tuesday, June 24, 2008

what's up...

I think this will be the last post before our move...and I don't know when I will get back on the Internet again (hopefully sooner than later.) This week has just dragged on, and will probably continue to drag until we get to Oregon. So our plan was to have three drivers (Hubs, his dad, and me). And we were going to drive both our cars and the truck to Oregon. I have been sweating bullets worried about driving the entire trip and also having a baby who needs alot of attention on a road trip. I seriously was dreading it! So Monday I talked Hubs into seeing about getting a car dolly to tow one of the cars with. So when we called to confirm our reservations for the moving truck he asked about a car dolly...we thought it was going to cost a couple more hundred dollars (which we don't have). And we found out it would only cost $100 more, I can't even begin to tell you how relieved I was about that. So anyway, Hubs's dad flies in tomorrow afternoon and the EQ will come and help load our truck up tomorrow evening. Then we plan on getting up early and driving as far as we can in one day, we are hoping to make it to at least half way (which is Kennewick, WA), and stay in a hotel for the night. We then hope to get to Eugene late afternoon so that we can go and sign paperwork to get keys to our duplex. Both Hubs and I are burnt out on the packing. We feel like we have gotten alot done, but I feel like we still have a ton to do, on top of trying to get the place clean by tomorrow night. We will both be glad when this week is over!
Ok seriously, isnt he just the cutest?!
So here are a few pictures of what Mac has been up to...

He can hold his own bottle!




Having fun helping us pack.

This is his new favorite thing to do, grab his feet! He never grabs one at a time with both hands, he has to grab both his feet at the same time. So cute!

Dare Devil!

Zonked after a rough day of screaming the entire day!



Playing with his new toy.

Always sticking his tounge out!

Also, I have a nice mark on my shoulder where he bit me really hard. OUCH!


14 comments:

Jen said...

Love, love the picture of him with his hat. Good luck with the drive. We did it with the twins at 1 1/2. They surprised us and did okay. The dvd player that we bought sure helped a ton!!!
Anyway have a great trip and don't stay away too long!

Julee and Matt said...

He is SO cute! When we moved out here, Matt and I put Macee in the big truck with us (in the middle) and she did SO good. It was amazing...because she could see both of us and wasn't looking at nothing. Good luck...we will be thinking and praying for you to have a safe and easy trip back.

Marc and Megan said...

He really is such a doll!! You can call baby boys that, right?? He is so precious!

I really hope the long drive goes smoothly! I wouldn't want to drive alone with a little baby either... I'm glad you found a better plan! Good luck and hope to see you back to the blog soon!

dust and kam said...

Love, love, love these pictures! He is so cute! And you take awesome photos!

Sonja said...

What a cutie! He is just growing so fast. I hope your trip goes smoothly and safely. We will keep you in our prayers. I'm glad that you were able to get the dolly for the car....what a stress relief that must be. Have a safe trip!

Chillygator said...

He's SO cute! I love your pictures, they're always wonderful!

Our Pratt Pack said...

He is so dang cute I can't believe how big he is already!!

rose said...

he has the most beautiful skin color and those eyes.... he's going to be a little heart-breaker!
lots of prayers for you and the drive over there.

Cali and Travis said...

I love how cute and chubby McCoy is getting. What a little doll!

Archambault Family said...

He is so dang cute. Good luck with the move. I am sure everything will go good.

Tenney Family said...

ben, i love the pic of mccoy with the hat and i love the last one with the tongue sticking out. he really is very cute.

Shauna said...

I just read about your guys finalizing everything with McCoy. Congratulations! That is such wonderful news, and I'm so glad that you got it all done before you had to move. Good luck with the moving stuff. I hate it also. It always feels like it's never going to get all done. Let me know if you need help unpacking or anything. Take care!

Blair and Leslie said...

I am excited for you to move here. You are moving into our ward. I want to see your cute boy. I hope everything goes well.

Kimi said...

Love the wonderful pictures! McCoy is so cute!
Good luck with your move! I am glad to hear that you will not have to do the driving and take care of McCoy too. That would really be hard.
Hey let me know if you want to earn some extra money while I am in Eugene. I really would love for you to take some pictures of my little ones at a park or something. You take GREAT pictures!
Shoot me an email at kimisabin@gamil.com