Monday, June 9, 2008

DETAILS...

So I guess you all want some details on our move!
I haven't been able to post anything yet, because Hubs had not given his written notice at work and only his boss knew about him leaving. And some of his co-workers look at our blog, so it had to wait.
So we are moving back home to Oregon!
Hubs accepted a job offer with a CPA firm in Eugene. We will actually be living in Springfield, (I think in the 2nd Ward). We will be renting a duplex for a couple of years until we can save more money to buy a house, (or let the market bottom out).
We will be leaving Helena on June 26th.
We are really excited to be back by our family and for Mac to grow up around family, which is really important to us.
And a few people have asked how C feels about us moving away... and she is actually so excited for us. Growing up around family is one of the things she has really wanted for Mac. C will be moving away soon also to go to school, so it is good timing.
We are excited, and our families are excited!
Although when I think about moving from here, I get sad. We have really loved living here, and we have met so many wonderful people. And we just love our Ward. We are hoping to stay in contact with a few of our closer friends.
Now for the packing, which is seeming almost impossible to get done with a teething baby. We have however thrown out so much stuff and took a ton to Goodwill. We also had our friends watch Mac on Saturday for a few hours and we were able to pack up our office and craft stuff. That was so helpful!
Sorry to keep everybody in suspense for so long, that was not my intention!

16 comments:

Julee and Matt said...

Yeah! Who is he working for? Also, make sure to e-mail me your new address/phone...the girls and I are going to try to make it up this summer, and if we do, we HAVE to get together and see you guys! I am so excited for you. :)

Jill said...

Congrats on moving home, it will be so much fun for you and your families to be together again. Really excited about the Sealing date also. Good luck with the teething.

Our Pratt Pack said...

AWE I'm so excited for you!!! It's tough being away when you have kids because they change so fast and everyone misses out. Maybe now we'll get a chance to see that little guy when we make it back next spring for a visit!

RoRo2 said...

I'm so excited for you, wow that's coming up fast, that will help take up time while you are waiting for the adoption to be final! Hope he gets that top tooth soon:)

Kimi said...

That is supper exciting! I want to move home so bad! I want my kids back by family.Good luck with your move! Congrats on the new job!

Brynne, Aaron and Cade said...

I'm glad to finally hear it from you guys cause Julie spilled the beans to me over this past weekend, said she heard it from your mom. Don't be a hater though, I'm super excited! Hopefully we'll end up seeing you more this time than when you lived in Portland. If you're in 2nd ward, we'll see you every time we go to church with family down there so we'll see you then at least! Cool! Good luck with the packing and moving, such hard work but also feels good to get rid of stuff. Wish we could do that, get rid of stuff because of moving to Eugene/Springfield. I just keep telling myself, Someday Brynne, someday. Hooray for you guys!

Marc and Megan said...

That's such great news! I'm glad that you'll be so close to both your families! I hope everything goes smoothly with your move!! I'm so excited for your new adventures and memories to be made surrounded by family.

rose said...

SO STINKING HAPPY FOR YOU! no more costly flights back to oregon from homesickness. awesome! now try and stay there for a while, huh?!!???!?!

Swanson Family said...

That is great news! It is so nice to be near family. Good luck with the packing and the teething and the finalization of McCoy's adoption - boy you guys are busy!!

Stephanie said...

WELCOME HOME! We are in 1st ward but I'm sure we will see you around town, stake conferences, etc. Congrats!!!!

Andy, Amy, Zach and Abby said...

Oh Brenley, that is the BEST news! I'm so happy for you! Good luck with the packing (I feel for you on that one!) but get here soon! Can't wait. Hey, and now you can come to our Hallmark GNO's again, and BRING MCCOY! :)

Emily said...

Yea, Springfield Rocks...Go Millers!

Lawther family said...

Horray! I am so happy for you. I a glad that it is good timing with "C" too. Good luck with the move, the court date and the sealing. I am soo happy for you. :)

Rolph Family said...

Oh I am so excited that you guys get to move back to Oregon and be near family. Josh and I can't wait till we can be nearer to family again. Though we love our time here in Illinois and the friends we have met, it is still nicer to be near family.

Archambault Family said...

Awesome, back to Oregon. I bet you can't wait! I am glad to hear you will be closer to family. Good luck with your move.

Ron and Jessica said...

That will be sooo nice for your family! Some of my husband's family lives there and I think his parents want to move there, too, so it must be a pretty good place to be. Good luck moving.