Tuesday, June 24, 2008

It's FINAL!!

This afternoon we went down to the courthouse and finalized Mac's adoption, YEAH!!!
I am totally kicking myself right now because we didn't get any pictures. That is because it was so casual and quick I didn't even think about it until we were almost home.
We first met with our Lawyer who just went over what was going to happen. Then we headed over to the courthouse and waited for the Judge to get back from lunch. As we were waiting the secretary came over and asked if she could hold Mac and then just a minute later an older lady walked up and was just saying how cute Mac was and then the secretary gave back Mac. Then she asked us to come into the Judges Chambers. So we walk in there and the Judge was the older lady that was talking to Mac when the secretary was holding him. We sat down around the desk in her chambers, it was just us, the Judge, our Lawyer and the secretary (our caseworker couldn't come). We were swarn in, our Lawyer asked us a couple of questions and then the Judge signed the paperwork. And it was all over before I really had time to think about what just happened (it was seriously maybe 5 minutes). Then we went down to the court clerk's office and got some paperwork certified and we filled out the paperwork for Mac birth certificate. And then we left. It was all a whirlwind!
I cant even tell you how excited we are that Mac is OURS! Being his parents has been more than we could have hoped or asked for! The entire experience of him becoming part of our family is so amazing and special to us.
WE LOVE YOU MAC!!!
Thank You C!
I found it very interesting that I wrote THIS post exactly one year ago TODAY!

15 comments:

Our Pratt Pack said...

Congratulations GUYS!!! Now you can just focus on the move!

Emily said...

I'm so happy for you guys! What a great day!

Ron and Jessica said...

McCoy is such a cutie and I'm so happy he's now officially part of your family!

The Michiganders said...

I remember our finalization day. It was an amazing experience--life came full circle. The heartache ended in hearts overjoyed. I am so happy for you. Congrats!

Jen said...

How funny that I just emailed you today about your judge date:) I read your post from a year ago and it was so beautifully said! I felt so much the same as you did! Then after a while I would try and say something mean when they would ask the line of questions how long have you been married any kids then they stop and OH look. I would just want to say something rude. I usually didn't, but it was in the back of my mind!

Kimi said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you guys! What a wonderful blessing!

Julee and Matt said...

*SMILE* Can you see the HUGE smile on my face? I am so glad McCoy is finally yours forever..and a little bit of ours now too! I can't wait to get to meet this little guy who SO special! OK...now I am crying because I am so happy for you guys! *BIG HUGS*

FarrEver Family said...

TODAY IS A WONDERFUL DAY! I will always remember NOah's sixth birthday as such a wonderful day for you.
I loved reading that back post and seeing the beautiful ending that came. I also love the quote by Jospeh Smith. How perfect.
Hope you have a wonderful move! The packing and unpacking sucks, but it will be over soon.

Marc and Megan said...

WOW! I have been thinking about you, knowing that your court date was approaching. I am SO HAPPY for you!! What an incredible miracle! McCoy is so blessed and lucky to have you and Bryce as his parents! I'm so excited for the next step for your little family!

dust and kam said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting! He is so so cute!

rose said...

WHOO HOO!!!!!!
eventhough you've been a family for a while, now it's nice and legal. BEST THING EVER!!!
love you spring!

Kristin and Seth said...

What a wonderful life!! I am so happy that you were able to recieve such a blessing!! I'm sure you are counting the days to go to the temple!! I love reading your posts on adoption. Seth and I have always wanted to adopt even though we are able to have our own. I just feel that their are so many children in need of care. I love your outlook on life it is so refreshing! I'm sad to see you all go, but family is always first! Good Luck with everything!!

Archambault Family said...

I am so happy for you guys and that McCoy is finally yours. That must be a true relief. I am so happy for you guys.

Stephanie said...

Congrats to you! This is so amazing and wonderful! PS... welcome home!

Ashlee said...

Congratulations! Wonderful things happen to wonderful people!! Thank you for your support Brenley, seeing your blog and reading your comments and seeing how truly happy you guys are has made it so much easier in my own experiences! Again, Congratulations! :D