Thursday, July 3, 2008

Just an update...

Sorry, no pictures. We don't have the Internet at our house yet, so I am at my parents house using the Internet.

Last Wednesday we got the everything loaded on the truck, we got up early Thursday and headed out on our long road trip. Hubs drove the moving truck and Hubs's dad drove my car with me taking care of Mac in the back (Mac, did pretty good the first day). We stayed the night in Kennewick, and then made the rest of the trip on Friday. At one point Mac had cried for so long and so hard that he threw up, thankfully we were just pulling off to a rest area.

Saturday morning we had the EQ and Elders come over and help us unload the truck. It was so far the hottest day Springfield has seen this year. I think it got up to at least 100 degrees, we were all melting (Hubs went and bought an AC unit). Our duplex is ok to live in, some parts of it were a little disgusting. My mom helped by scrubbing down the kitchen. The carpet which is just the stairs and upstairs is really gross looking. Thankfully our landlord took out the carpeting downstairs and put down vinyl flooring that looks like wood flooring, which sounds ugly, but actually doesn't look too bad. I am having trouble getting things unpacked because I have to scrub things down in the closets still before I can hang our clothes in them.

Our neighbors who live in the house across the street stopped by to introduce themselves, I went to high school with the wife and they have a little boy just a month younger than Mac. So that will be fun to get to know them.

Anyway...we are headed to the lake house for the weekend.

We also got new cell numbers, if you need it, email me and I will send it to you. All of our email addresses are on our outlook on our computer. We don't have much for email addresses on our actually gmail account.

3 comments:

Julee and Matt said...

Have a fun weekend at the lake house! Also, I need your new numbers..so I will e-mail you and you can send them to me. I am glad you made it back and hope the unpacking gets better. We had to do the same thing with cleaning when we moved in here, so I totally understand the cleaning before unpacking. Love you!

Andy, Amy, Zach and Abby said...

Glad you made it safe and sound! Good luck with unpacking and cleaning. I always hate that part of moving...actually I hate every part of moving except when it's all done! :) So nice to know you're close by again.

Emily said...

Hey Brenley, glad you made it! I can't believe it was so hot there, that makes moving so much harder. IK wish I could be there to help you out, but since I can't, I'd like to offer my mom's services. I know she'd love to watch McCoy, so call her and let her help you!!

Ps, I want your new number, so when you get a chance, email it to me, or call me or something. Thanks, have fun at the lake!