Wednesday, July 16, 2008

7 Months...

I really can't believe that my sweet baby is 7 months old, holy cow! The last 7 months have been so amazing and wonderful with him. I feel so lucky that I get to be his Mom!
I have really seen his personality come out in the last couple of weeks. He has a horrendous temper but he has the cutest laugh and amazing smile. And who can look into his "big blues" and not melt? Oh my goodness!
 
One of his favorite things to do is lay on our bed. I am not sure why, but every time we lay him down on it he acts like he is in heaven, burying his face in the blanket and spreading his arms and legs out, and he closes his eyes and gets the biggest smile. So cute!


I can see a little bit of clinging starting, not much, but I can tell it won't be long until I won't be able to leave his side. Sometimes when I am holding him and someone comes up to talk to him, he turns his head, like he is shy.


He loves his exersaucer when he is in the right mood. He hardly ever sits in it, he like to stand straight up. I unusually put it in front of the back or front door so he can look outside.


He no longer sleeps through the night, dang! He hasn't slept for more than 6 hours since before our move. But thankfully he can hold his own bottle and have all the stuff on my nightstand to make him one and just hand it to him.


He is sleeping in our room still because we have the air conditioner in there, and it is just way to hot lately. Also he has no crib besides his pack-n-play. It broke when we were taking it apart. So we are trying to get him a new one, but it is never in stock at our Target.


He rolls everywhere, I can hardly keep him on his blanket. He is always rolling off onto the hard floors and hitting his head.


He can now sit in the shopping carts, and is really quite content doing so. He hardly makes a peep. It is really nice since he is getting so darn heavy.

We went to our new pediatrician (which is awesome by
the way) to get established and have her look at some nasty eczema he has (see below). But they weighed him and he is now 18.1 lbs. Big boy.


We went to our first park play group yesterday, which I totally loved. Everyone was so nice. There were like at least 10 women and their kids. They do it every Tuesday, and I will be making sure that I go as much as possible.




So after my little rant about him not sitting up. I found the trick later that day to get him to sit up and now he is doing just peachy at sitting. I still need to supervise and can't just leave his side while he is practicing.





And this is the back of Mac's knees. It looks like this behind both, and this is actually looking better than it has. I think with all the heat, humidity and the sweat, his eczema in those spots just got worse. We got our new insurance cards Saturday, and called the doctor for and appointment Monday. The Doctor said that they look infected and she did a culture on them and they have a staff infection. So now Mac is on antibiotics and a steroid cream to help get it cleared up.

 

13 comments:

Jen said...

I would do the same thing with my kids putting the bottle in my room so I only had to add hot water! I feel so bad for McCoy and his skin! I have the same thing and I was just complaining to Rob yesterday about the heat. I sweat outside and then I start to scratch it then it just gets worse. Yesterday was the worse day by far for me! I hope it will clear up soon for him.

Emily said...

Oh pooy baby with his eczema!! I'm glad it's getting better. Play groups are the best! I'm glad you have a good one to go to there.

Kimi said...

Oh poor little guy! Ouch! Dallin had eczema pretty bad a t the begining of the summer here but not that bad. I hope that it gets better soon. Just give him extra loves and that will help a littl with the pain. I am so sorry! :(

Archambault Family said...

Ouch! Hopefully, it clears up soon with some good meds!

Kristin and Seth said...

That looks just like what Dallin had in the past. He was put on steroid cream also. It did work for the most part, but I would stress using ALOT of lotion. Burts Bee's works well, try to find one that is as natural as possible. Bee's wax and Cocoa butter are life savers. It has taken me four years to get his under control, and it is still really tough. Also be careful about letting him soak in the tub full of soap, use soap at the end of his bath, rinse him and take him out. The soap really dries his skin out fast. Anyhow if you have any questions I will try to be of help. Also one other thing eledel is not good for babies it can cause cancer in children under 2.

Matt and Christy said...

Poor kid! I have been very lucky with Elijah's skin. He hasn't had any problems with his skin since he was itsy bitsy. Play groups are fun! I am trying to start one in our ward, but there are a lot of working moms in our ward. I'm glad to hear that you are in the Spanish Branch. My brother and sister-in-law went to the branch when they were living in town, and they both really enjoyed it (they both speak fluent Spanish, though- good luck with that!!).

The Kunz Family said...

He is such a cutie...happy 7 months Mccoy! Hopefully the antibiotics work quickly, eczema is no fun!

FarrEver Family said...

What a lucky kids to have had such amazing parents the last 7 months. You document his life so wonderfully, you will always have great memories and pictures to remeber this wonderful time.
You guys should be pros with the eczema after Mylisa --wasn't her birthday a few days ago? Happy Birhtday Mylisa.
Hope all is well for you, glad you had a great time at your play group.

Amy said...

Oh he's so stinking cute! I bet you can hardly stand it. :)

I hope that the Rx helps clear up that poor boy's infection - I'm just beginning to learn how neurotic I can get when baby's not feeling well. Good luck with that.

Lawther family said...

Por little guy. :( Eczema is the worst. Zibbey's little girls legs look like that. If I remember I will ask what she uses on them. Glad that he got the meds to help clear it up. Poor little man. :(

Leisha said...

poor little man! look at those legs! my daughter had excema problems as well. she had a patch on her foot that didn't go away for over a year despite constant RX cream.

Psssst....McCoy you are adorable! Redheads Rock!

Amberly said...

I ran across you today and just wanted to say congrats... on a darling little guy and a successful adoption process. we have a sweet little girl who just turned one that came to us that way. little mccoy is beautiful!

Carlotta said...

Haven't commented but I still come to catch up. What a whirlwind of events. Hope all is well.

He is YUMMY! I don't know how he can get even cuter. every time you post a picture he does.