Sunday, June 10, 2007

You are How Old?!?!

We had the Elders over for dinner today, and I was in the kitchen getting dinner on the table when something that came out of one of the Elder's mouth made me realize how much older we really are than them. I guess I tend to forget that we are a lot older than them, I am not sure why, it might be that I don't feel as grown up because we don't have any children, but what ever the reason, I don't think I will forget the age difference anymore.

The Elder's were asking Hubs about his mission, and one of them asked how long ago that was and Hubs answered "seven years ago" and the Elder said "So your like 30?!?!" OK, I guess you had to hear how he said it, but basically it sounded like a 12 year old responding to someone say that they are 20 years old, and basically thinking that that person is super old. I was cracking up!

2 comments:

Laura & Geb said...

HA! Cute Story!
It's funny, and goes along with our life this week as Geb is turning 30 this Thursday!

Michelle said...

That is really funny. Even having kids I don't feel that much older then the missionaries. We have had very similar experiences with the missionaries. We aren't old, they are so young!
Michelle