Wednesday, June 27, 2007

THANK YOU!

Hubs and I would really like to say thank you to all of those who commented or emailed us with their love, support and encouragement for our journey towards adoption.
Very soon we will also be mailing and emailing a formal letter out to all those that we know. Which is also going to be very hard and a very big step for us, but our social worker thought that we needed to take an extra step towards being advocates for ourselves even if it may be uncomfortable for us. So we feel like these steps are the uncomfortable ones that are needed to help make us parents.
Lately, I feel as though I have had a lag in my hope and faith for this trial to come to an end. (That will happen after 6 years of hoping and praying for a baby.) But telling you all has rejuvenated my faith, and all though we were actually approved to adopt back in February, for the first time since then, I actually feel like it may happen sooner than I could or would imagine. I feel like I need to prepare myself for a baby now instead of waiting for that hopeful day when we find out a birthmother would like to meet us. Every time I think of this moment I get choked up with excitement, and usually end up in tears of shear joy wanting that day to come very soon.
A friend of my good friend Emily left a very sweet comment with a very cool link to one of her friends who had talked about adoption in one of her posts. It is very sweet and loving towards the subject of adoption. I encourage all of you to check it our here. Also I have added some other links on the side bar that have to do with adoption, please check those out also.

5 comments:

Julee and Matt said...

Brenley-
I have been meaning to ask you to e-mail me with your new address. I just got a new computer and none of my information would transfer so I am doing it all the old fashion way. We love you guys so much and are keeping our ears open here.
Lots of love
Julee

My email is mjhartvigson@yahoo.com

Brynne, Aaron and Cade said...

Your heart is open and it's a beautiful thing to witness Brenley. Your faith and hope will be what brings you that baby someday so keep your chin high and be always hopeful because it WILL happen. Sooner or later is up to the Lord but it will happen, I believe that with all my heart. Thank you for including all of us so that we can pray for and encourage you through this process. I look forward to your future adoption updated posts. I love you!

Emily said...

Well dang I just get all teary when I read about this! I, like Brynne am so happy you are sharing this with us so we can all pray for you and support you guys. Love you!

kg said...

I've learned in life that things always work out...they just do. My thoughts are with you and your family and hope this process is a quick one!

Anonymous said...

Bryce And Brenly:
It just so happens that my office here at the LDS Employment Center is just through the wall to the LDS Social Services Office. I am sure that Helen and I can put in a good word for you. Find out from your worker there how we can help from here.
Elder Hyde in Detroit.