Saturday, June 9, 2007

Lost and Redone!

Well, I finally got my craft/scrapbooking stuff unpacked. I was looking through the scrapbook I did for Mylisa last year and just wanted to share her cuteness.
And there is a story that goes with making this scrapbook... After I had done most of these pages, I went and had color copies made for Mylisa's mother and for my cousin who was her foster mother (and for those who don't know the story about Mylisa, Hubs and I were her respite care providers every weekend for 7 months). Then I took the book to show some of my family. We were outside when I was showing everyone and I went to go put it away and the car was locked, so hesitantly I put it on top of the car (I know, not very smart!). So then we left and we got down the road a little ways and I couldn't remember if I put the scrapbook in the car or not, but I sure couldn't find it in the car. So I was in hysterics for a while. We should have gone back to look on the road for it, but we decided to keep driving down the road to the festival that we were going to. We were at the festival for maybe a half-an-hour before I couldn't take being stressed out anymore so we decided to go back and look for it. We couldn't find it anywhere. We retraced everywhere we had driven and it was just gone. I was devastated, because I had worked so hard on it. Well we never found it, but I was sure glad that I made copies of every page, and I was able to redo every page almost exactly. So almost every page has double the sweat and tears into it that usually go into a scrapbook page, so it really means a lot to me, especially since we have moved away and don't get to see Mylisa on a regular basis anymore.
Boy, do we love that little girl, like she was our own!!












6 comments:

Emily said...

Brenley, those are GORGEOUS! You should be so proud. I'm serious, they are so cute, and she is beautiful. I bet you miss her so much! And I bet she misses you! She was lucky to have you guys!

Lizzie said...

You should be a professional scrapbooker. I don't know if those exist, but I'm not into scrapbooking and those are the cutest pages I have ever seen. I assume you took those photographs, and they are amazing. I have been trying to take pictures of my kids like that (that style where it's really close up and just part of their face and the ones of the feet) but mine never look like that. Also, when I do the close up ones of the face or feet shots, my camera makes it blurry. Do you have to have a super nice camera to get good shots like that? Anyhow, you are really talented and she is gorgeous!

rose said...

beautiful pages spring! you should submit some to scrapbooking magazines! they would TOTALLY take them! how wonderful to have those memories with her. she's adorable.

Emily said...

Yea, I keep coming back to your blog because I can't stop looking at them!

Mama B said...

Wow, you guys are too nice, thank you for the compliments!

Brynne, Aaron and Cade said...

Okay so you are too talented it makes me sick! Very awesome brenley and way to make them over again. I would have just printed them off from the copies. I'm lazy like that but you are amazing!