Monday, January 26, 2015

Mac and Oak funnies...

So for some reason I forgot about recording these on here! But here are all the funny things my kids have said over the last year. The top is the most recent and bottom is from a year ago.

3.5 hours into a 4.5 hour drive. 
Mac: Can we play the quiet game?
Me: Well...ok I guess so. 
Kids: Yay!!!
Parenting win!
Oak 4 / Mac 1


We were playing a game and Oak's turn did not go so well and then she says, "This is not how Batman dies!" I have never heard her quote this before, but knew it was from the Lego movie. So funny!

Mac as he was trying to get me and grandma out the door: "m-o-m and old m-o-m let's go!"

A conversation with Oaklee about arguing after talking to my mom: 
Oak: you are not supposed to argue. Moms and daughters don't argue. 
Me: but you argue with me. 
Oak: but if the mom is also a grandma then you can't argue. 
Me: oh got it.
Oak: you always break the law.
Me: no I don't. If I did I would be in jail.
Oak: well the rule is no arguing and you TEND to do that.


Oaklee climbed into my bed one morning. A few minutes later...
Oak: I can't go back to sleep because of the air. 
Me: the air? What's wrong with the air?
Oak: it's too loud.


A Mac random: "Mom I think that I would never want to play video games or play on the computer ever again if we lived in the forest, by a river, in a tent so that I could just fish all day with Dad." Oh that would be the life bud!

Oaklee noticed the bag of chocolate on my nightstand. 
Oak: What are these for?
Me: Daddy knew that I had a rough day yesterday and he knows that I love chocolate so to be nice he got me those.
Oak: So now I can tell my husband what to buy me when I have a rough day.
heart emoticon


Mac was quizzing us. Mac: "What is the name of the magician that is death?" Translation: What is the name of the musician that is deaf? Lol, cute!

Me: I'm going to lose my mind.
Oak: And pull your hair out?
Me: Pretty much.

Mac about to eat his 6th "little cutie" says, "Mom, I'm about to break the world record for how many cuties a six year old can eat. 

Oak to daddy: "Dad I need you to do me a favor...I need you to play the piano wihle I play the guitar."

Mac comes into my bed and starts playing a little play guitar, "This is a song about a boy being friends with a zombie." No words, just music, with an occasional interpretation of "This is the part where..."

Oak funny: she got some new fingerless gloves as a gift. "I never thought I would get gloves like these...then BAM!! I got some!"

Oak to Mac: "Isn't it cool I can do talented things?...Shake your head yes. "

Oak funny: the kids were talking about how they were going to take the train with grandma and grandpa back to their house. And Oak says, "yeah dad, maybe we will send you a card!"

Oak quote as we walked into the craft store: "I think they saw my beautifulness so they turned this music on."

Mac and Daddy went golfing.
Mac: Is golfing a sport?
Dad: yep
Mac: Dad, I think I found my sport.

Oaklee: I want to be a princess for Halloween.
Me: Do you want to be Elsa? You already have an Elsa dress you could wear.
Oak: Yeah! But could you KNIT me ice powers?
Me: What?! How am I supposed to knit you ice powers?
Oak: Actually I'll just be a ghost.

I told the kids to go clean up their mess before they made a new one. 
Overheard this conversation while on their way to clean up...
Oak: Let's go play!
Mac: We need to clean up then we can play.
Oak: Let's clean and play...you clean and I'll play!


Oak 6:50 am, dressed as Spider-Man ...
Me: you are so cute. 
Oak: Spider-Man is not cute!...well he was when he was a baby.

My kids were upstairs cleaning their rooms. All of a sudden I hear Mac yell down to me that "Oak is coming downstairs to tell you how much she loves me and thinks I am the best big brother ever!" Then I hear Oak stomping down the stairs and she yells, "NO I'M NOT! Mac threw something at me and hurt me". 

Oak prayed one morning that "everyone will listen to their moms." 

Checking out at Home Depot...
Mac: I scanned my hand!
Me: how much are you worth?
Mac: your love (then gives me a big hug)
I needed to hear that after a rough day with him yesterday.

Mac quote (mad at me for receiving a consequence for a poor choice): "you sure know how to make a boy sad!"

Text from my mom: "Oak just said to me...I WISH MY MOM WAS HERE...SHE CAN DO ANYTHING." Totally made my day!

Oak asked grandma to draw a unicorn.
Oak: that's not a unicorn!
Mac: she's doing the best she can!

My kids five minutes before dinner: "I'm starving! Can I have a snack?"
(No snack given) 
My kids at dinner after zero bites of food eaten: "I'm too full to eat!"

Mac and Oak were playing. Mac: "You scared the wits out of me! THE WITS ARE SCARED!"

Oak funny: Oak was brushing my hair and she was looking at all my gray hair and says, "You have frozen in your hair!" Yes, yes I do!

Oak funny: I did her hair this morning and asked if she liked it. She looked in the mirror and said she did. So ten hours later she was playing with her hair then all of a sudden she starts glaring at me and I could tell she was mad. I asked what was wrong and she says, "You didn't do my hair the way I wanted!" Lol

Mac and Oak were playing the piano. 
Oak: "McCoy you be the grinch and play over there."(Pointing to the other end of the piano). 
Mac: (starts playing on Oaks end)
Oak: "No, your the grinch and play over there." 
Mac: "Well the grinch does go down into your town." 
He's got a point! His logic lately kills me!

Thank you Frozen for the cute moment in the craft store today where I listened to my daughter belt out "Let it go!" at the top of her lungs, and for the numerous times a day where she also tells me she doesn't need to wear her coat because, "The cold doesn't bother me anyway!" 

Last night we were looking through a brand new house an acquaintance built. When I was snuggling with Mac at bedtime he says very seriously, "Mom, I want to talk to you about something...you know that house that we looked at?...If we buy that house, I am worried about buying ice cream and it melting because there wasn't a freezer." Oh to be six and be worried about something like that.

No comments: