Saturday, January 10, 2015

goals, puzzles, sick and celebrations...


The kids wanted to make their own little office. They even made a TV for it. They also had their own little files and Mac had written a bunch of numbers on some paper and put it in his file and said he was an accountant like daddy. He is really great with math so I wouldn't doubt it if he wanted to be an accountant. 

I worked on some of my goals for the year that doubled as birthday presents for Hubs. I am bound and determined to keep a good budget. I really struggle in this area, but it needs to be done and I know (although he never complains about it) that it would make Hubs super happy. 

Also, since we have moved I haven't had a place to file our papers, so that have just been piling up. I decided to make a place for them and went through our giant pile and organized it all. Also a gift to Hubs for his birthday. (free gifts equals keep to  my budget). 


We have had a puzzle going since Christmas. Something for my mom to do when she has nothing else to do. And then the kids had to join in on the puzzle making. My moms sister also came for a visit.

They were pretty into it. 

The kids have been begging for a glow stick party! We haven't done one since we moved to K Falls. So we stalked up on some glow sticks at the dollar tree and we had a blast one night before bed. 

 Oak can rock the 24 piece puzzles now!

Mac picked out this 100 piece puzzle at the dollar tree and he did the whole thing by himself. 

 Mac was sick for the week so we watched way too much TV. We watched a few episodes of Jake and The Neverland Pirates and Oak had to dress up  like Izzy from it. I thought she did pretty good. To her, everyday is dress up day like it is a national holiday.


My sick boy. Oak was sick the week before and it finally caught up with Mac. He had a fever and a cough.


This girl wasn't sick this week, but came and snuggled on my lap for nearly an hour. It is always a shock when she does this, because this girl has a hard time sitting still and spends most of her time dressing up or crafting. I kept on thinking I needed to get up and get some things done, but I kept on making myself stay put. I was so glad that I did when later in her prayer on dinner, she gushed about how much she loves me. 


Thursday was this girls "Forever Day". It is the anniversary of the day she was sealed to our family forever. She had all sorts of plans for the day. She wanted me to make her a pink crown, she wanted to wear a dress and wanted to go ice skating. I did make her a crown, we had a dance party, and we took her to dinner at the Black Bear Diner.


She insisted we all have crown. 



Dinner at the Black Bear Diner which she loves. 

Friday was Daddy's birthday. Mac was so excited to make daddy a cake. And he actually made the entire thing completely by himself. I just helped him a little bit with reading the instructions. He actually figured out on his own what ingredients and how much. Then I stuck it in the oven and got it out. 




The kids had a blast at decorating it and I let them have at it.



So many candles it was lighting up his face. Boy he is handsome!


This was another of Daddy's birthday presents. He said it was his favorite part of his birthday. I have to agree. The kids are so cute in it!

No comments: