Sunday, January 4, 2015

snow, new skills, painting and baptisms...

No words needed for this one, heehee.

She has been begging me to to do this to her hair after her bath. I believe now its a ritual we will have to after every bath. 

I was helping Oak with reading some word family charts and I was getting frustrated with her so Mac stepped in and patiently was helping her. He seriously has a gift for teaching others.


Crafting ThankYou cards for Christmas gifts. She got one done and was done with the whole thing. She has a bunch more to do so hopefully I can get her to start working on them again.


Mac working on his Thank you cards. They are super adorable and I loved how he personalized them for each person. He still has a few more to get done, but he got about half way done.

I really loved this drawing by Oak. It is me pushing a stroller with the baby we hope to add to our family someday and then Mac and her then daddy and Grandma. I love that she added grandma since she now lives with us.


The snow that came through on Monday was really weird. It snowed a bit then cleared up then this snow storm came through for about an hour. Usually you can see a barn and a big hill in that direction.


Finally we got outside to play in the snow. First things first...snow ball fight.






Of course snow angels before we went inside. We didn't stay out long because the wind was super cold.


The friend has a challenge for the kids for the year to do acts of service and then write down what they are on a hand then send them into the Friend.




Grandma started stitching up a few of the kids' stuffed animals then she taught Mac how to sew. He is loving it now and keeps finding things he can sew up.

The kids wanted to do an art lesson, so I pulled out the one art book I have and we learned a little about Van Gogh and we tried to paint like he did.



Mine


Mac's


Oak's



Mac getting his first try at sewing by himself. 


Oak put these letters in order by herself.


And I worked with Mac on spelling number words.

He sewed up a hole in his blanket all by himself.

He did pretty good!



We went to the library. Silly girl!


I found a bag of scrap ribbon that I had from when I used to scrapbook and I gave it to Oak to do with what she wanted and her craftiness. She ended up dressing her doll with them.

We went to two Primary baptisms this weekend. Oak was so reverent for them.


This is one of the only girls Mac thinks is cool. She moved out of our ward so we don't see her as much.


Mac went with daddy to run an errand so Grandma, Oak and I went and got some burgerking for lunch really quick before grandma's hair appointment. She insisted I wear a crown.


We started doing a puzzle and both the kids helped and we finished it in just a couple of days.

No comments: