Monday, June 16, 2014

Weekend: family reunion & father's day

Since I was very little, my mom's siblings have done a family reunion campout. And now I am taking my kids, so fun! It is at a christian camp so it's set up with cabins, a lodge, a pool, game room and nice bathrooms and showers. This year was probably the worst turn out of family, but it was still so much fun. And my kids loved running around with their cousins. I am thankful my kids are old enough that I don't need my eyes on them all the time and they are good enough kids that I know they won't run off. I actually wish I had gotten more pics of all the fun. Mac's favorite thing I think was to play in the game room. He spent a lot of time in there with cousins. Oak's favorite thing was probably rides on my Uncle's golf cart. There is a fish hatchery down the road not very far and she went on at least ten rides down there. A few times I had to tell her no so someone else could take a turn. My Uncle thought she was the cutest for wanting so many rides. 


Friday night right after we got there, they roasted smores at the fire pit. 

One of my Uncles hid the "Golden Hatchet" and left some clues. He would give the kid who found it $5. Mac found it!! He was so excited! You will have to look at my post edit on Mac's honesty post about the story. 


Oak getting ANOTHER ride with my Uncle.


It wasn't the warmest weekend, but it didn't rain and it wasn't really cold either. I ended up giving in on the pool swimming and let the kids play. They had a blast, and stayed in until we made them get out. Mac had fun showing his "jumping in" moves to my Uncle. He was jumping in all sorts of silly ways. He's a crack up!

Oak not so sure about the temp of the water. However she did say that it ended up being pretty warm. And she stayed in the whole time. 

When we were getting ready to get out, daddy started throwing Mac in and Mac loved it!



Oak with her cousin. (My cousins daughter, my cousin is sitting in the chair in the background)


We had to get out of the pool for BINGO. Everyone brought theme baskets or other cool things as prizes and BINGO was our fundraiser to help with camp funds. Mac was helping my cousin call here. 


Mac and daddy. The kids had a ton of fun playing. Mac and daddy ended up winning a basket of candy. 


Oak ended up having a meltdown/tantrum for about an hour. 


Oak and her cute little cousin. They are just a few months apart. 


Mac and another cousin (my cousins son). They are just a 6 months apart. Mac could not remember his name the whole weekend and kept asking, "Where is my friend?" Mac kindof followed him around like a little puppy actually. 


Daddy and kids Sunday morning/Fathers Day. Hubs brought clothes for church and went by himself. I didn't bring any for me or the kids because I knew I would be helping clean up at the camp. 


Oak waiting for a ride. 

Still waiting!


And finally ANOTHER ride!


Oak watching a show with a cousin while everyone is cleaning. 


Mac loved playing with this cousin. 


On the way home we stopped at my in-laws house to drop off a Father's Day gift. 


Helping Grandma feed the rabbit. 


Got a pic with Hubs and his dad. 
Somehow it didn't workout to get one with my dad at the campout. 


And my kids love their grandparents so I wanted one with them. 


Oak was a terror the entire drive home. Lots of late nights and early mornings and she was mean and ornery.This sunset greeted us when we got home. Although in real life it was hot pink. 

Had such a fun time, but glad to be home. Now to clean  up the mess and fly through our week with swim lessons everyday.  

No comments: