Friday, March 28, 2014

35


I just celebrated my 35th birthday (this last Saturday). It is kind of not fun to have your birthday in March and be the wife of an accountant. Tax season, blek! But my hubs did his best despite the fact that he had to work and my kids were very stinkers most of the day. 
Hubs did make me breakfast in bed. When it came time to sing me happy birthday Mac through a fit about stopping what ever it was he was doing to have to come sing to me. And so I was a bit bummed with his attitude, but I still had my girl and my man. And a super yummy breakfast. 


After that Hubs went to work and I decided to take the kids to the store to buy them some summer shoes and Frozen. They behaved so horrible at the store that we walked out with nothing. And we came home and I put them both on their beds in their room and left them there for an hour. I was beyond frustrated. Then I decided that we were going to have some fun so I took them to the park. They were fairly good at the park. Then when daddy got home we went bowling.







We had fun bowling and I won! But Oak had a few tantrums while there.


Afterwards, ice cream at baskin robbins. I got the one and only flavor I like which is rocky road. I never eat it anymore since Mac is allergic to tree nuts and there are nuts in rocky road. Love Oak's face in the pic. 


When we got home the Bishops wife, who is also a member of the Relief Society presidency had left me these flowers. The kids have loved taking care of it. 


I was surprised that Hubs bought me some gifts. He got me a new cell phone case which I desperatly needed and an iTune card. And I thought it was cute that he wrapped it in some of the millions of pictures we have around the house that the kids have drawn.

The night of my birthday, my friend Camille offered to watch our kids so that we could go on a date. Which was much needed. We went to a southern bbq place and it was just okay. But it was nice to just be with Hubs. We had a lot of time to spare and there isn't much to do here in town so we just went to Fred Meyer and looked around. 


I first asked for brownies but then when I saw the yummy strawberries at the store I decided I wanted strawberry shortcake. We didn't get around to making it on my birthday so Hubs made it Sunday but we didn't get around to eating it until Monday because we were invited to dinner by someone in our Ward. So we actually ended up eating it for breakfast Monday morning. It was delicious. 


I thought that this was funny. I looked down at the kids' bowl and Oak had eaten all the strawberries first and Mac had eaten all the cake first. It totally fits their eating personalities. They both ended up all of it, but it just struck me funny. 

In all I had a very great birthday. I am so happy to be alive and to be another year older. 

No comments: