Monday, January 20, 2014

Our week...

Sunday we were invited to a members house for dinner. And they are a great family who also homeschools. They are about the same age as us, but have five kids. We really enjoyed getting to know them.


Monday morning there was still a little bit of snow to play in. So I took 30 minutes to get us all bundled up and just as I was putting on my last glove Oak has a meltdown and is apparently tired and doesn't want to go outside. 

Farkle was the game of choice this week for Mac. He won three games and I won one! He is pretty good and know what dice he needs all I have to do is add up the points. 

We finished off the BOB sight word readers.
But mostly homeschool was a complete flop this week because I didn't feel very good with migraines and a mild head cold and sore throat. We only got two days of solid work but we did things on the other days that were still learning just not book work or worksheets.

The kids really wanted to wash some hotwheel cars in the sink. They didn't do this as long as I thought that they would.

My nephew came home from his two year LDS mission to Chile. Wish we could have been there!

This little girl tested me to the nth degree. There was one day that was the worst. I am pretty sure I texted Hubs about ten times that day venting my frustrations with her. Finally late afternoon, Mac had joined her in testing me and I had about enough so I set them in separate corners and went to my room for a good 20 minutes. They had calmed down, I had calmed down and everyone was happy again. Then daddy came home, yay!!!

We had learned about volcanoes the week before and daddy and the kids made a papermache volcano and finally got around to painting it.


By the end of the week the temps were getting up to close to 50 degrees in the afternoon. So we headed to the park and rolled down the hill for at least 30 minutes, played with our remote control cars, rode scooters, went down the slides and played in the left over snow.

Friday our new friends (the ones who invited us for dinner) asked us if we wanted to meet them at the Children's Museum (we bought a year pass) so we had lots of fun playing with them there and then they invited us over to their house for lunch. Our kids get along great and we are glad to have some new friends. 

Oak talking on the phone at the museum.

Saturday there was an event at the fair grounds call P.L.A.Y Outside. It is an even put on to get kids excited about outdoor activities. There was so much to do that we were there for more than two hours. Although most of that was waiting in line to fish. Daddy really liked where the kids could learn to fly fish. There were also a few obstacle courses, some fun games and all sorts of great live animals to look at. 


There was a fishing pond with actual trout in it for the kids to fish for and then they could take home the fish. We opted to catch and release. And because the line was so long we only got ten minutes to fish. Mac caught one but Oak didn't. But they had fun.

We got a package in the mail from my dear friend who had made my kids these super cute hats. They love them!

Saturday also took us to the park because it was too nice to be anywhere else. The kids brought there remote control cars again and Mac was so sweet because he really wanted to share his with someone so he went and found some kids to come and play with it. He really hardly touched it. We also did more hill rolling. And Oak found a cute little girl to play with. They got along so well that the dad gave me his wifes phone number so that they could have a play date. (That is how nice people are here!)

My niece sent me this pic. It is my dad, my nephew and my brother.
They all have the same name Sr., Jr. and the III.
Love it!

I also have already gotten a calling and will be teaching CTR 7 in Primary. So excited to be in Primary but sad that I only got to go to Relief Society ONE Sunday in this Ward.

1 comment:

Desiree said...

You are seriously making me want to move down there. Sun, nice people, snow, it sounds like a nice place. I also have an aunt that lives down there. Maybe someday we'll stop by if we ever make it down to see her.

Glad you found some homeschool friends already too! That really makes homeschool life less lonely.

Great volcano!