Sunday, January 12, 2014

Our first snow in K Falls.

So all week they said we were going to get snow here. And the kids were disappointed everyday. Finally Saturday late afternoon, Mac yells, "Mom its snowing!" He was so excited and he sat at the window watching it until there was enough snow for us to go out and play in it. Thankfully I got the last piece of snow gear I needed for the kids, which was waterproof gloves that I could actually get on the kids hands. I still need to get me some snow boots, my toes were cold in my rubber rain boots.
 So after about 30 minutes of getting them dressed we were able to go out and enjoy the snow in our parking lot. THe snow was great packing snow, so Mac was able to FINALLY have a snow ball fight. It was a lot of fun. After it started to get dark outside we decided to go on a bit of walk. Then we came in and Daddy made homemade hot chocolate. When the kids went to bed they ended up opening up their blinds and watched the snow fall while they went to sleep. We woke up to about 4 inches of snow the next day (today). 
It will probably mostly be melted by the end of the week as it will get up to 50 degrees this week. 






Oak spent a lot of time just rolling around in the snow in the parking lot. 


No comments: