Monday, December 10, 2012

Oak's first dentist visit...


Oak had her first dentist visit last week. She did so great! I have been continually impressed with the hygienists at this office, they are serious miracle workers when it comes to getting kids to cooperate. Mac has been going since he turned three and he is always SO excited to go. He cooperates for everything they need to do to clean his teeth. And if any of you know my son, you know how amazing that is. 
Anyway, Oak let the hygienists count and polish her teeth. We had to wait awhile for the dentist to come since he was doing actual work on a patient. So by the time he got to her, she wouldn't open her mouth. Mac was helping trying to coax her and show her what to do. And as soon as the dentist was telling me how we would sit knee to knee and lay her down between us, she opened her mouth for him to see. The first thing he said was, "Is she a right thumb sucker?" It is pretty obvious when you look at her teeth. When she smiles her top teeth aren't sitting flat to her bottom teeth. But the dentist said we don't need to worry until permanent teeth come in. I am grateful that she only sucks her thumb with her bear and that we can get rid of the bear at any point to get her to stop. Right now she only gets it when she takes a nap and goes to bed for the night. 
Mac had his teeth cleaned at the same time. He did great and I wasn't even with him, because I was helping Oak in a different chair. I was a bit disappointed that our favorite hygienists wasn't there. But the other two that worked on my kids were still great. Neither of my kids got x-rays. Mac had them done his last visit in June. 

No comments: