Saturday, December 29, 2012

Christmas Eve...

Christmas Eve is always spent with Hubs's family. And I love it! We always act out the nativity (so glad that there are enough grandkids now to do it so the adults don't have to), then we eat, then Santa drops the gifts on the door step, then we all open presents. We usually do a sibling gift exchange and then this year we did a cousin gift exchange which was fun. We really missed having Jess and Laren. But it will be fun to have them next year with their baby boy.

Oak was so stinking cute as a shepard, that I couldn't stop taking pictures of her. 

Mac was a wiseman/Jedi. He was actually really excited to bring baby Jesus some gold. I love that he was cooperative this year and actually enjoyed participating.


Mary & Joseph

Little T was the Star of David. So cute! He took his part very seriously.

Could she be any cuter?!

We usually have many angels because all the girls want to do it. 

The cute wise men.

Seriously precious. 

And the traditional family shot. Love Jared in the background. Funny guy!

The loot.

Mac looking for Rudolph's red nose telling  him Santa was there.

The kids lining up to get their gifts from the porch.

Oak was excited about her little Vet kit. She played with it non stop for a couple of days.

Can you tell he was excited about his pirate ship?!?! Santa scored this for $19 on black Friday at Kohl's, seriously awesome deal.

Neither of them really cared about any other gifts because they loved their Santa gifts so much.

The night was great until I got a really bad stomach ache, which led to me feeling nauseous and then passing out in the bathroom. After passing out in the bathroom, I sat on the floor for about ten minutes praying someone would have to go to the bathroom so that I could have them go and get Hubs, because every time I tried to get up I thought I was going to throw up or pass out again. Soon enough, Mac came and he ran and got daddy. He scooped me up and took me home. I must of just ate something that didn't settle well, because I was fine the next day and no one else got sick. And thankfully that all happened after all the festivities.

Since my parents were in Utah this year. We didn't do anything on Christmas day. In fact it just felt like any other day. The kids played and I just rested feeling ick still from being sick the night before. And then later we went back to my in-laws house for left overs and a turkey dinner.

All our Christmas stuff is down, back in boxes and stacked in the garage. Until next year.

No comments: