Friday, December 14, 2012

Mac is FIVE


This sweet, beautiful, amazing little red head of ours is FIVE! I seriously can hardly believe it. 
 I have been thinking about the miracles and events that lead to him joining our family. Thinking about those things deeply, makes my eyes water and my heart burn with gratitude. He is such a
 precious miracle, and his little spunky spirit made me a mom. He filled a very deep hole that was in my heart, one that only he could have filled. Thinking about his birth mother quite honestly brings me to tears as I will never be able to fully thank her for her heart wrenching sacrifice. I am truly grateful that she is still a part of our lives. The love we have for her runs very deep and that will never change. Adoption has been my greatest blessing and has made my life more beautiful than I could have ever imagined for myself. Heavenly Father certainly knows what he is doing! Happy Birthday BIG RED! We love you to the moon and back!




Favorite color: blue
Favorite  toy: transformer
Favorite  fruit: pears
Favorite  tv show/cartoon: transformers
Favorite  movie: star wars
Favorite  thing to eat for lunch: peanut butter sandwich
Favorite  outfit:  Halloween shirt
Favorite game :  candy land
Favorite snack: cheese & cracker, applesauce, grapes
Favorite animal: shark
Favorite song:  Cello Wars
Favorite book: Where's Waldo
Best friend: Parker, Jace & Athens
Favorite breakfast: Malt-o-meal
Favorite thing to do outside: Play with my friends
Favorite drink:  smoothies

Favorite holiday:  my birthday

What do you want to be when you grow up:  police man

Other things about our birthday boy...

*He loves to be cold. He hates to have too many clothes on and gets way too hot at night.
*He prefers to take showers over baths now.
*He loves action figures and will play with one certain one for a couple of days, carrying it around everywhere he goes.
*He is an orange belt in Taekwondo and will be testing for  his orange headband the day after his birthday. He is doing so great in it and although he hates taking the time to go (so do I), he loves it once he is there doing it.
*I seriously love his freckles and I ask him if I can kiss each one every day. 
*He is becoming a bit easier in the eating department. He is still very picky, but is better at being willing to try new things and he is starting to understand that he has to take a bite of everything made for dinner and does it without much of a fuss.
*He is still taking naps when I make him. Which I do on Taekwondo days because if he hasn't had one he will fall asleep in the car and then throw a fit about getting out of the van to go to class. So to avoid that I make him take a nap and then we are in for it for the night as he won't go to sleep until about 10pm those nights. 
*He is still an early riser with occasional mornings where he sleeps in past 7am. We just bought him an alarm clock and have been trying to train him to not come out of his room until the clock says 7.
*He can clean his entire room and make his bed by himself. Most of the time it takes alot of prodding to get him to just get it done instead of playing. But once he gets his mind to do it, he is pretty quick.
*He can sound out small words, and is getting better and better with practice.
*He can get himself dressed without much help at all. 
*He has most recently figured out how to zip his coat himself and button up buttons on pants (not snaps).
*He seems to be having a harder time with independent play, and wants someone to be playing with him at all times.
*He loves chocolate like his Mama!
*He still prefers water over any other drink.
*He loves to talk and always has alot to say.
*His imagination is amazing he can tell some pretty cool stories.
*He is starting to wake up from dreams and remember them. He will come and get me and have to tell me every detail before he can fall back asleep.
*He is excited for us to adopt another baby (whenever that may be). He is asking at least once a day if we can name the baby __________(what every name he has come up with that day).
*He has informed me that he does NOT like surprises. There is NO telling him that we are going to do something fun, without telling him what it is. So I either have to tell him the details and suffer through every two minutes asking if it is time or just don't tell him at all.
*He is getting good at telling me directly in a calm way what his opinion is.
*He gets very overly excited about fun things we may be doing and it causes alot of problems. He has a hard time just being excited and throws fits over it not happening now. I have been trying to teach him to change his words from "I want to do it now!!" to "I am so excited I am going to get to...!!" 
*Thankfully his full on meltdowns happen less and less. But they are still pretty intense when they do happen.
*He is an amazing drawer and he really loves to draw. Every single piece of paper in our house has some sort of monster / alien drawing on it.
*He gives the best snuggles, kisses and hugs!!
*He is really funny!
*He surprises me sometimes with his understanding of adoption. I love that it is normal to him and I know that will help him to love his story. 
*His logic is usually spot on. And sometimes better than most adults.
*He is getting more coordinated for sports which is increasing his likeness for sports a little bit. 
*He is great at carrying a tune. 


No comments: