Monday, December 3, 2012

Thanksgiving...


I was so grateful that my dad was able to get out of the hospital the night before Thanksgiving! We didn't spend Thanksgiving with them, but they went to their good friends house for dinner. So they were well taken care of. 
We however did go to Hub's sister's house for dinner and the best thing was that everyone in Hubs's family was there!! So we were able to get an updated family picture (although it will be out of date come March with a new nephew). I love family pictures and was so excited that my brother in law emailed this to me.

The day was so great with kids running around shooting Nerf dart guns at each other (which Hubs decided that mac needs some for his birthday and Hubs can hardly handle the anticipation of playing Nerf guns with Mac) and playing hide-n-go-seek and enjoying company of family. I have awesome nieces who love Oak and will take her to go play and I can trust that they will keep a good eye on her so I don't have to follow her around everywhere. Dinner was yummy and then all the guys went to a movie like they do every year. The women got ready for a full night of shopping. i didn't go, but they were able to pick a few things up for me. They literally went from 9pm to 7am. I don't know if I could have handled that, I really hate shopping. I love spending holidays with family.

Now on to the next holiday...



1 comment:

jessica said...

7 am and then we got up at 11 and were back in town around 1 pm!! We're a little crazy :) But we definitely missed you!!