Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Happy Birth DAY!

Last year we started the tradition of waking up to balloons on your birthday. This year we added streamers to the door. Mac so LOVED it! I have to say that I almost dropped the ball on doing it though. I woke up at 6 am so I could start on making Mac cinnamon rolls for breakfast and I all of  a sudden realized that I hadn't blown up the balloons for his room. Thankfully I bought a little balloon pump which literally saved the day. 



The week of his birthday he finally settled on doing a pirate party for his birthday. It ended up being alot of fun to put together. I wish I would have remembered to take some pictures of the fun things I made for his party. 

Before breakfast Mac got to open his presents from us and from his birth mom. 

When Mac was opening his presents, Oak got sad that she didn't have one to open so Mac kindly gave one of his to her to open. What an awesome big brother he is!

He got legos from his birth  mom and nerf guns from us and Oak. 

Birthday candle on a birthday cinnamon roll. His favorite!

Mac's choice of activity was to go miniature golfing. Sadly Oak and I got to hole 2 before we had to ditch golfing and just head to the play ground area. She is too busy sometimes!


There is also an arcade at this place so we played some games and the kids got these silly glasses with their tickets from playing the video games.

Grandma and Grandpa went with us.

Hubs rocked the cake this year. Mac wanted a pirate ship for his cake and daddy delivered! Isn't it awesome?!

I guess giving his best pirate face.

He also really wanted a pinata. 


So his birthday and party were fun, but there are a few things we will for sure do differently.
We decided that since his birthday was on a friday that it would be great to do his party the day of his birthday. We will never do that again! It took away too much from making his day fun and special. Although I am sure he didn't notice. But I did. Planning things/events stresses me out and causes alot of anxiety for me. It is not my strong point. Although I did have fun planning his party. Then we invited whole families for his party and we live in a small house. So there were 30 people in a very small space. With about half of those being kids. It was pure chaos! We decided that the $150 (or so) that most places charge for birthday parties is so worth it and that is what we will do next yeat. 
Also, since I was so busy trying to get ready for his party, we never got around to calling Mac's birth mom which I have been feeling very bad about. 

But Mac has been saying at least once a day how fun he had at his birthday, so I guess as long as it was fun in his little mind then it was successful.



No comments: