Friday, January 23, 2009

my day...!

my sweet boy!

THIS IS HOW MY DAY WENT!


i wake up with a killer headache.


Mac wakes up at 6:30 (that's an improvement from yesterday's 4:00 wake-up scream until 5, finally get him up and feeling bad because he was soaked through from a not so good diaper.)


he is super honory(sp?) and cranky the entire morning.


Mac goes down for nap at 9:15 and only sleeps a half hour.


make apple crisp and make the mistake of putting the apple peals down the ancient garbage disposal.


have a VERY clogged sink.


parents show up at 11ish with both Mac and I still in our P.J.s


I still have a headache and a very cranky son.


my parents try to talk us into going out to lunch.


I decline because of headache and not wanting to deal with cranky son at a restaurant.


Mac finally has just had it (as did I) and laid him down for another nap.


my parents try to help me with clogged sink.


we also find a pool of water under the sink.


my mom cleans it up for me, thanks!


my parents leave for lunch.


I take some medicine and try to lay down and sleep, only made it worse.


Mac thankfully slept for his usually 1.5 hour nap.


Mac wakes up a much happier baby, but very clingy.


I still have headache.


parents come back with a bucket for the leaky, ancient garbage disposal.


parents play with Mac.


headache is finally gone.


sink still clogged.


parents leave.


I talk to the idiot who does the maintenance and who owns the management company.


I tell him I want a new garbage disposal because this isn't the first time we have had problems with it.


When I tell him the problems we have with it, he tells ME how to fix it.


I am miffed!


He said he will talk to owner about new disposal and will get back to me next week.


mean while he told me to just keep working on the sink and tighten the pipes, THANKS!


(side note on idiot: every time he comes to fix something which has only been about 3 times, he makes me feel like I should have figured out how to fix it myself, then he will usually to a crappy job at fixing what ever it was and then I have to have my dad or Hubs redo it. Lovely!)


later I go and look under the sink to find out that the leak was not really where we thought it was and there is another pool under there.


I pull everything out from under the sink and clean up water, and move the bucket.


Hubs comes home to both of us still in our P.J.s, house a mess, and no dinner made.
and I have to talk him into helping fix the sink.


he ends up taking the pipes apart and finding the clog and cleaning it out and trying to put the pipes back to together so they wont leak anymore.


meanwhile I am trying to fill the stomach of the bottom-less pit I have for a son.


while he decides that he is done and starts throwing his food on the floor in hand fulls.


only to get down telling me he wants to eat more.
sink is no longer clogged.
house and kitchen are a disaster.


and somehow through out the day I was able to completely prepare my class lesson for Primary and gather everything I need for sharing time, and redoing the baby announcement I made for my friend to use.


I am exhausted!


How about you?

11 comments:

Skyla said...

Ugh I hate those kind of days! Just keep breathing!

Jason & Kelli's Family said...

I HATE days like that. Thankfully there aren't too many of them most of the time. But there is really nothing worse than being a sick or not feeling good mom-because you can't just take the day off. I hope tomorrow is better for you!

Julee and Matt said...

I am SO there with you!

Archambault Family said...

I am exhausted for you! Sounds like a few days I have had. Sorry. Hang in there tomorrow is a new day and will be better than today.

Desiree said...

I'm so sorry about your day! I'm exhausted just reading about it. They exhaust me too, and make me super frustrated. At least you have your sharing time and lesson ready! Hope today is better.

Jen said...

I hate days like that. I hope that today will not be the same as your. Zack got up at 5 and didn't go back to sleep so I didn't either. Rob has been gone for 9 days now and I have had it! Hope today is better

Emily said...

Brenley, that sounds awful, but those are the days when you hand McCoy over to your mom and say, "SEE YA!" I've seen how much she loves that kid, I'm sure she wouldn't mind. I have had days like that, without the killer headaches you get, and I wanted to die, so I don't know how you do it.

The same thing happened with our sink a while back...pool of water, leak. Steve had to take the whole thing apart but he fixed it. So annoying!

I hope tomorrow is better!!

Matt and Christy said...

I feel your pain. I have had many days like that. Most days are fantastic, but when it rains, it pours! I just always look forward to Elijah's bedtime (he doesn't take naps anymore) and then relax and get ready for the next day! Good luck!

Ben & Diane said...

It is amazing how exhausting and wonderful children can be all in one day. I loved this post.

Heather said...

Man you had quite an eventful day. sorry to hear it was so crappy. i know how those go. Miss you guys!! don't worry i'll catch you up on everything.

rose said...

oh man spring! i think we have all been there. you get into bed and say "i didn't do ANYTHING today!"
hang in there... hopefully he doesn't get terrible 2's. (that's my headache right now. H is full BLOWN in that stage.)
no matter what does/doesn't get done, you're still a GREAT mom!!!