Sunday, January 18, 2009

happenings and things Mac...




four generations:


Mac, Daddy, Grandma C, Great-Grandpa C




It has been awhile since I have done a happenings post and we have had a really great week (and month).
  • Mac has decided this week(1/17/09) that he wants to walk. He is not a "walker" yet. But he can walk on his own. And boy it is cute to watch. I have been doing everything I can to encourage it, so needless to say, I have been exhausted this week.
  • We went and watched Hubs play league basketball with the company he works for
  • We had a very small celebration for Hubs's 30th birthday last Sunday. Just cake at his parents house. And the night before we went to dinner with my parents for his birthday.
  • Hubs was able to help his grandparents last weekend move furniture into their new lake house. The little house is in addition to the lake house we go to in the summer.
  • We drove down to Myrtle Point to see Hubs grandfather, Grandpa Curt. He had not met Mac yet. He is Hubs's and Mac's namesake. I took lots of great pictures, which I will post soon.
  • Church today was a little better than last week, and I continue to dread next week. Team teacher is out of town, I have to do sharing time with my 5 very rowdy 7 year olds, with Mac because Hubs will be teaching EQ at the same time. Gone are the days of getting something out of church and going home with a happy heart. Instead I go home exhausted with a migraine and ready for a long nap, and building up the dread for the next week. I know, I need a better attitude. I keep repeating to myself over and over "ENDURE"!
  • Mac has also slept through the night without a bottle for the entire week. Yahoo!
  • Mac is also very close to no more bottles and also is almost completely on straight soy milk.
  • I took pictures for my friend, which I really enjoyed. (See a few posts down).
  • I got a "new" lens for my camera, and I am totally in love.
  • I also figured out how to use my camera manually. I really like it, but it will get some getting used to remembering to look at my meter.
  • Hubs's brother just got engaged this week. We met her last night, and we really like her. We are really excited for them!
  • I did not get any of the major chores done this week that I was planning to.
  • Mac has added a few more words to his vocabulary: please, no, all done. And he mimics words and sounds so well.
  • He has also learned to sign "water" although his sign looks nothing like the actually sign.
  • Mac loves the Rascal Flats song in the movie CARS.
  • He is getting his 11th tooth and that molar is still only about halfway through. Poor guy, I wish it would just finish up and stop torturing the poor guy.




1 comment:

Archambault Family said...

How do you get McCoy to learn the signs? And where did you learn how to sign? I am trying to teach Addison a few, but I only know:
please, thank you, drink, milk, eat, no, yes, and more. Do you have a book or something that I can buy and learn from?

McCoy is growing up too fast. Walking??? WOW what a big boy. Seems like you blink and they are doing something totally new. Sad, but exciting at the same time.