Saturday, May 10, 2008

Mother's Day...


So this past week, I have been having some bitter-sweet feelings about Mother's Day. I haven't been as excited about it as much as I should be with it being my very first official Mother's Day and all. But there is more than just me that this day affects and hurts to think about how hard this day will be for them.


First, I am not getting to spend this day with my Mother. I think that this is probably the first one I have not been able to spend with her in some form. My Mother is one of my best friends. I love getting to spend time with her and laughing with her. And I have really missed that since we have moved so far away! But I love you Mom and hope you still enjoy your day! Happy Mother's Day!


Second, I have been thinking about Mac's birthmother and wondering how she feels about this day. For the most part I think she is pretty OK with it, I know she is going home to spend it with her Mom and she even thought to give me a Mother's Day gift. She is such an upbeat person and she just loves life and all that it has to offer. But deep down, I don't really know what she is feeling. I just pray that what ever pain she may still be carrying may be eased. I know Heavenly Father has so much in store for her and I am always praying that he may shower all his blessing upon her. She deserves the world and more!


And lastly, I can't help but think about all those who will be struggling with this day because they aren't physically Mother's yet. I know how I felt for the last several Mother's Day's and that pain is still very raw for me. I have a hard time celebrating my own Motherhood when there are so many that I know that are dreading this day. And I know there is nothing anybody can do or say that will help ease the pain they are feeling. I want to still go and find a room during sacrament meeting and cry for them (or I can just cry for them now, because I am in tears as I write this). I am always praying that those women will find their baby and receive their miracle. And I know someday they will. I am so excited that this wonderful woman has finally got her miracle (or should I say miracles). But my heart aches for so many that haven't yet!


But, what I am excited about for Mother's Day, is to spend it with the cute little man that made me a Mommy! Eat breakfast in bed (that is all that I wanted for Mother's Day from Hubs). And to wear the cute new dress and sweater that Hubs let me buy today so that I don't have to go to church wearing the rags that I always wear. I will get to feel like a bright, shiny, new Mommy with my new dress and new hair! And also I get to go to Relief Society (while all the priesthood take over all the callings for the day) and eat the traditional, gourmet, made from scratch, not from the box cheese cake that one of the men from our Ward makes every year, YUM!


HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

Sending my love to all the Mother's in my life!



*My Mom, Wilma

*My Mother-in-law, Cammy

*Grandma Gerry

*My sisters, Dana and Candis

*My sisters-in-law, Anna, Jem & Lyndsey

*Hubs's sisters, Shannon & Steph (also my SILs)

*All those who have been blessed with their miracle's of Adoption.

*And all those who are still waiting for theirs!

9 comments:

Emily said...

Happy Mother's Day Brenley! I thought it was sweet what you said about 'C'. It made me all teary too. I hope you have a great day and are able to enjoy it!

Julee and Matt said...

Have a wonderful Mother's Day! I know how it is to be away, it's our first one away also. I can't wait to see pictures of your new outfit and hair!

Stephanie said...

Brenley~ That is a beautiful post... I am in ugly gushing tears right now. I am BEYOND excited for your friend and her two upcoming arrivals. I hope you get to spend your day pampered by your two boys... Happy Mother's Day!

Marc and Megan said...

Brenley, you are such an awesome mother!! I have completely enjoyed watching you so beautifully take on the role of mother - it comes so natural for you! Happy Mother's Day to you today!

I also wanted to add that I have appreciated your friendship and love so much! You have always been there for support, through the happy and the sad, even when you didn't know that I was needing someone. I am forever grateful to have you in my life! :)

Lawther family said...

You are an amazing woman, and mother. I hope that we may all remember those who are still waiting to become a mother. I hope this day brought you joy as you looked down at your little McCoy and see the light of Christ in him. You deserve to feel that love and joy today.
Happy Mother's Day to you.

Leisha said...

What a lovely post! You have such a kind heart to be thinking of EVERYONE this Mother's day!

Just the THREE of us said...

The more I get to know you, I can see how selfless you are to be thinking of everyone else. All day Ive been thinking of the scripture Moses 4:26, Adam gives Eve her name because "she is the mother of all living". And yet this is before she has borne children or even had the chance to try due to thier innocent state. We do not need to give birth to be a mother. Sometimes this statement annoys me but it is still true!

Anonymous said...

I just read this post and the link about the twins and told my husband, "Isn't that amazing." When not 10 minutes later my sweet sister-in-law called me and told me after almost 8 years of trying and one unsuccessful adoption attempt she was pregnant! Seems to be the season for babies!-Jay

Carrie and Jon said...

You are such a kind person. Thank you for thinking about everyone, even those of us waiting for our little ones. I hope that you were able to have a wonderful Mother's Day!