Saturday, May 17, 2008

A few things...



This is a panoramic of the view from the family lake house!
Breathtaking!
(Click on it to make it bigger.)

 
First, next week we are driving to Oregon for Memorial Day to spend it with our family. We will get to spend two days with my parents and then the holiday weekend at Hubs's family's lake house. We haven't been to the lake house in probably almost two years. It is one of our favorite places. On top of that, it is along the Oregon Coast, so I will get to see the ocean. Mac will also, hopefully get to meet his Great Grandparents. And just getting to spend time with family and having Mac spend time with family just means the world to me! Ahh, I am so excited!! However, I am not so excited about the 12+hours car ride with an infant who doesn't like to sleep anywhere but swaddled in his crib! But we will be able to add this to our life experience of parenthood!

 
Next, Mac turned 5 months old this week. My baby is growing up WAY too fast. He is probably about 17 lbs, he is getting really heavy. He has just about grown out of his car seat, we will need to buy a new one very soon! He is always reaching and grabbing EVERYTHING! I can't get my face too close to his, or he will grab my hair or face or what ever he can get his hands on. He is loving rice cereal and we can't get it into his mouth fast enough!

 
Also, we met with our Lawyer about finalizing Mac's adoption. So what we found out from him is that we can't put in our motion for finalization until the 6 month mark of the papers being signed, which is June 17th. After we put that in, the court will be able to give us a court date, which we hope will be with in few days of the motion. Thank heavens we live in a not-so-big town where there isn't much action, and adoptions take precedence over all criminal cases, unless the case is already in court. So we are really excited about that. As soon as we take care of that, we need to come up with a good weekend the end of August or beginning of September to go to the temple and also to give him a name and a blessing.

9 comments:

Desiree said...

It looks like the drive will be just as much of an adventure as the destination! What a nice getaway though, so it'll all be worth it. I hope you have fun!

Marc and Megan said...

How fun that you get to take your first long family road trip! And, I can't believe McCoy is already five months... it seems like it was yesterday that you were in the hospital welcoming him to the world. It has been such a joy to have glimpses into your life of these incredible, new adventures. I'm so excited for the amazing events coming up this summer for you guys! It's so wonderful!!

Julee and Matt said...

How fun that you are getting to go home for the holiday weekend. And I totally agree with the lake house...it's the best! Have so much fun and take lots of pictures. Also, there are swaddle blankets that fit into the car seats, you might want to ese if you can find one. They work great for the super tired babies suck in their seats.

Emily said...

Hope you guys have a great trip, that sounds like fun! All except the driving with a newborn part. I'm sure he'll do great!

RoRo2 said...

That is breath taking I am so jealous! Have fun and be sure to take pictures and blog about it so I can live through you!!!!!
I can't believe how fast McCoy is growing up! Only one month before you can start those papers for finalization, yipee!!!!

Matt and Christy said...

How fantastic that everything is moving along with the adoption. I am really happy for you. I appreciated your comments about mothers and women who do not have children on Mother's Day. I also experienced mixed emotions for myself as well as others on that special day. I am SO blessed that I was able to experience the joy of pregnancy and that I received a beautiful son. However, I also know the heartache that comes from miscarriages and the inability of having more children. I am so happy that McCoy is with you and that you are able to be his mother. I am also glad that you, as well as many others, are advocates for adoption. When we began the adoption journey, we felt very alone. Matt and I are so grateful that we have found an entire community of people who have similar struggles. Thank you for everything that you do and for the example that you are to everyone around you.

FarrEver Family said...

Wow, that little man is getting BIG! I hope we get to see him on your trip here, although it sounds like you have got a pretty tight schedule. The boat house looks inviting. We heard about it so often and never made it down...here's to the future!
We miss you and hope all is well.

Colorado Minors said...

the lake house is amazing! i am envious! Mccoy is getting so big so fast-i agree with you that is all goes by way too fast

Andy, Amy, Zach and Abby said...

I'm so glad you get to come home for awhile. I hope the car ride goes ok....I'm sure it will. Can't wait to see pictures of it all. :)