Friday, May 2, 2008

just lately...

Well, I haven't posted in awhile. We haven't had anything blog worthy going on and I haven't been taking many pictures lately for some reason.
But there are a few funny things Mac has been doing that I wanted to make sure I got recorded.

The picture above shows one...he has been sucking on his bottom lip. It is so cute! Although if I catch him I usually try to get him to stop. I don't want his lip to get red and raw underneath it. He already has extremely sensitive skin, that looks red and rashy most of the time. Also when he is sucking on his lip and he smiles really big, he looks like an old man without his teeth, so funny!
When I am about to give him a bottle and pause for just a second he grabs the bottle with both hands and shoves it into his mouth. It is too funny!
He has been trying to grab his feet but his legs are just a little too chubby to get them close enough to his hands. I help him out by giving him a hand every once in awhile.
We gave him a new nickname..."Thumper". He likes to pick up both of his legs at the same time and then thump them to the ground. We know he his awake in his crib when we hear the thump. Also when he is laying on the ground and in the thumping mood he will do it so much that he will end up turning his body 180 degrees from where he started.
He stares at us when we are eating anything. He will look at us then the food and back and forth. I think he is really going to enjoy eating when it comes time. He has really started to enjoy rice cereal, as long as I mix it with formula.
He loves to be scared. Which I think is so strange for a baby. We can really get him giggling by scaring him with some fun "BOO" sounds. I actually have a video of it that I will try to post soon.
He thinks it is really funny when I try to get him to say "Mama". Every time I say "Can you say Mama?" He get the biggest grin on his face!
Well that is all I can think of at the moment.
I love staring at this cute boy and seeing what new funny things he does everyday. He just melts my heart!

4 comments:

Emily said...

That all sounds pretty cute! I think it's funny that he stares at you when you eat...he's going to love solid foods!

Our Pratt Pack said...

Just a tip if he does get raw around the lip put Lansinoh nipple cream on it... it's seriously a cure all we use it when the girls get really bad colds and get raw from nose to lip from licking snot, sounds gross but it's the truth I can never get there fast enough.

Julee and Matt said...

He is getting so big and cute. I can't wait until he can start eating food. It will be such a fun experience for you guys.

Colorado Minors said...

I love that you call him "thumper" adorable. Each day just gets better and better