Friday, May 9, 2008

Guess what....?

This cute guy rolled over today for the very first time!
But of course he won't do it again!I laid him on his tummy for tummy time and walked away for a second to get him some toys and I turned around and he was up on his side then plopped on his back. He was a little taken back by my excitement. I was glad that I at least caught the last part of it. Yay for Mac!


Other Mac news...
When I took him to the doctor this week he weighed 16.5 lbs. BiG bOy! He is averaging about 1 lb every two weeks. At this rate we will have to be buying him a new car seat in two months or so.
 
We also had his hearing checked out this week, because I just hadn't gotten around to getting it rechecked after he failed at birth. I wasn't too worried because he has been responding just fine, but it is state mandatory and I was feeling really bad every time I saw the commercials on TV about getting your child hearing checked. Anyway he passed!
Hubs has been wanting to try to put Mac down unswaddled, I have been very sceptical of this, but we decided to try it tonight. He was exhausted and fussing so I laid him in his crib and he spent the next hour squealing, chuckling and talking to himself. So I decided to go ahead and swaddle him and he was out in seriously one minute. I guess we will try again next month.
We also had a wonderful visit with C (Mac's birth mother) today! It was great! I drove to Great Falls and met C at the Salon she works at. We brought her some flowers! And she got to show him off to all of her friends. They were excited because the last time they saw him was in the hospital when he was born. C didn't have any clients for awhile so she asked if she could trim my hair which I was in dire need of. Then she got doing that and asked if she could color it. Her favorite thing to do is color hair. So we decided to color my hair a little bit darker. I love it! It also covered up my massive grey hair. It was really fun to see her in action, she is so good at what she does. It was so great to visit with her, I really hope that we can always have such a wonderful friendship. I am so comfortable around her, which is very rare for me around most people. She is seriously the most amazing women, it blows me away! She is so sweet, she gave me a Mother's day gift, which I am saving to open when I am eating breakfast in bed Sunday morning.

7 comments:

The Michiganders said...

What a cutie pie! How do you get anything done all day with a smile like that looking at you?

Love to hear about your birth mother--so neat you were able to get together. Where is the photo of the new hair? :)

Anonymous said...

C is an incredible woman! She is so unselfish and loving towards you. You guys seem like sisters. What a sweet woman to think of you needing a haircut and color and to give you a mother's day gift. What a thoughtful, amazing woman. How old is she? I imagine her to be in her mid twenties judging by her maturity. What a great story!-Jay

Julee and Matt said...

I am so excited that he is going to start rolling all over the place soon. I love that you and C are able to have such a great relationship, McCoy is sure a lucky guy. Love you all!!

Jen said...

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!!!! I hope you have a great day. I wish we could have gotten to know our birth mother as well as you and C. That is awesome!

RoRo2 said...

Yes where is a picture of the new hair? Way to go McCoy for rolling over, the start of lots of fun things! The relationship you have with C is the one I would hope to have if we had been able to adopt, I love that she gave you a Mother's Day gift, she is truely amazing.

Gaerte Family said...

Happy Mother's Day Ben! Wuv.

Gaerte Family said...

Oh, yeah, can you post a picture of your new hair cut and color?