Sunday, May 24, 2015

Service, puddles, day trip and "boys camp"...

I have noticed as I have been trying not to be on my phone as much that I am also not taking as many pictures. So good and bad :)


This is our new favorite treat. It is way better than ice cream, which I am not a fan of anyway. It is just frozen bananas and frozen strawberries chopped in the food processor with coconut milk added. It is so yummy and healthy.


curly hair and scrunchy nose, i die!


During one of our one-on-one times this last week. I am totally getting sunglass face, from being outside so much with my new bike riders.


This is Oak's favorite pose. She tells me to kiss her cheek and she  makes this face, hahaha. love her!


Because of the rain this week her hair has been extra curly. I have loved it!


We woke up one morning to Mac writing little notes to daddy and Oak. Thought it was very sweet and considerate of my little boy who has a hard time thinking outside himself most of the time.


I successfully finished my Whole30. However I didn't do the reintroduction correctly and didn't really care to. I did however learn a lot about my eating habits. 


The kids ended up making Ninja masks. Silly kids!


Mac made up his own Lego Mixels. This boy loves his Legos. Although I hate how much he leaves them all over the house, I love watching him be so creative with them.


Another one-on-one moment with my girl. And she wore her "cowgirl" hat most of the week.


The little note that Mac wrote for Oak.


My favorite picture! It rained enough that we got to jump in puddles. Puddles just don't happen here because it is dry and the rain dries up as fast as it comes.


We had a little day trip with our favorite homeschool family. We stopped at the Temple, then got some frozen yogurt then went to the Science Works museum.


The bubble room is always a favorite!



And the kids spent probably 15 minutes in this mirror.





My friend is going with a group called RiceBowls to India this summer. They are asking for donations of toothbrushes and small stuffed animals. We went to the store and picked some up. We ended up being short two stuffed animals so we need to get those and then we need to mail them off. I have been trying to be better at jumping on opportunities to serve with my kids.


Friday it was rainy so we did hot chocolate and popcorn and a movie for lunch. Of course I added some grapes too.


Then the boys left for the Father and Son campout. Mac calls it "boys camp" and looks forward to it all year. 


Oak's one and only request for girls night was ice cream in a cone. Then we took pizza over to a friends house and hung out with them. 


Mac had quiet the fun while at boys camp. He accidentally rode his bike right into the lake, then he ate too much junk food and woke up at 2 am and threw up all over the tent and sleeping bags. Then the air went completely out of their air mattress. Apparently him and his best buddy J were quite the entertainment the entire trip. Stories from other parents have been trickling in. I am just glad that he had a blast and came home ALIVE.


I ended up taking Oak out to breakfast.


We went to her fave Black Bear Diner



1 comment:

James and Elizabeth said...

I love that you are doing service with your kids. And the museum looks like a blast.