Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Cookie makin' and more...

We have been trying to do a service for someone every week and so we decided to make some Halloween cookies while Oak was taking a nap. Mac was a very good helper and did a great job at following directions this time. We made enough to take some to his friend J for his birthday, to someone I visit teach, and to a friend who to thank them for helping me out with something.



I love how you can see how covered in flour he was. So cute!


Love the flour hand prints on the cupboard.

Mac was very rewarded for his service. The last person we dropped the cookies off to is a new family in our ward and the husband taught my class in a pinch when Mac was sick. So when we knocked on the door the mom came out and said all the kids are in the back, lets go find them. So we walk with her around the back of their house and through the woods and a gate to the neighbors house behind them. It opened up to this huge field with a couple of very beautiful house and a ton of kids playing on zip lines, a trampoline, slides, swings, sand box, forts. Mac was in heaven. He even did the little zip line that has a kiddie swing attached to it. He just really loved every second of being there. Oak loved it too! In fact I had a harder time getting her to leave than Mac. So the property belonged to our friends neighbors and it was two sisters and their families and their mom. When I left I said, that if I lived on the property I would totally love living in the country. The neighbors were nice and didn't care that we came to play. It was alot of fun!!

2 comments:

Tia Hopper said...

I want to live in a place like that an all of our kids play together. How amazing! I'm super jealous!!

rosie said...

i wanna come up and make cookies with you guys!!!!!!!!