Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Keeping it real...



Just so you don't think life is all "sunshine and roses" from my Sunday Gratitude posts.

My day yesterday consisted of:

... waking up at 4:30 to a headache only to not be able to go back to sleep before my kids got up.
... figure out how to line a diaper with saran wrap to make sure that Oak's poop doesn't get contaminated with diaper fibers for specimen samples.
... dig through two poopy diapers for specimen samples.
... catch up on laundry
... avoided doing the dishes from Sunday.
... ate almost a whole pan of Chewy Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars by myself.
... finally putting together a package for Mac's Birth Mother after finally getting the last few items I needed for it, only to find out that I was out of packing tape. (thankful for a neighbor who saved me).
... ran three errands with my kids.
... finally got sick of how messy and cluttered my house was and cleaned it.
... got dinner going a little late, then finished it just when my kids were at the brink of starvation, only to realize that I forgot to start the rice cooker for our stroganoff.
... Mac had a tummy ache and did to not make it to the toilet in time and there was literally poop ALL OVER the bathroom. (thankful for my saint of a husband who cleaned it up since I already had to dig through poop that day).
... folded all the laundry while FINALLY getting to watch the season premier of Bones.
... went to bed only to wake up a couple hours later with a massive migraine that never really went away the whole night.

3 comments:

Tia Hopper said...

Aaaahhh, that's refreshing to hear! It always feels good to hear other people are living the unglamorous life of a Mom!

Jewls said...

Ugh. Thank heavens there are so many moments like your Sunday post to make up for the yucky ones!

Sorry about the headaches! I really think that moms should never be allowed to get sick...especially with migraines!

Desiree said...

Yeah, why do our days have to involve so much poop! I hear ya!