Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Oh Christmas Tree 2010

I think that this was my favorite year that we have gotten a Christmas tree. First off it felt like we had no time to actually go and do our annual tree getting. And we usually go with my parents but we couldn't make that happen either. I hate when the holidays are way too busy. But one Saturday in between some other things we had going on we headed to the local tree farm in the POURING DOWN RAIN. We got all dressed in our warm and waterproof clothes. And brought the only umbrella we own, which fits one person. And to be honest it was cold, wet and muddy and we have never had so much fun, seriously. Mac loved jumping in the mud then wiping gobbs of mud on our pants. Oak didn't make a peep, happy as a clam the whole time. When we first walked out in to the field that had the noble firs I saw one immediately that I liked (although I wish that they didn't make them so full and manicured). Hubs didn't like it so we kept looking for a little bit. Then I finally decided to go back to that original tree I found and we decided that we liked that one the best. Hubs went to go get someone to cut it down for us. And I stayed and held our nearly 20 lb baby girl with one hand and the umbrella over her with the other (her clothes were not waterproof). I had to adjust her every couple of minutes because she kept slipping out of my arm. The guy drove by in his little jeep thingy and said he would be with us in a little while. I was a little confused when there were so many people who could help us and then he drove away. So then he comes back by after a little while and and gets out to help us and then someone calls him and he gets back in his little jeep and doesn't help us again. Then a little while later he passes us by and went and got someone else further out. Meanwhile I am standing by our tree holding a baby in the POURING DOWN RAIN. I chalked it up to the fact that he was a 15 year old boy who didn't understand my circumstances. But to be honest we thought that it was hilarious and Hubs and I just kept laughing about it. Then after about 20 minutes of waiting for this kid to help us someone else runs out to help us cut it down. I wasn't going to ask anyone to take a picture of us because it was raining but after waiting that long I decided that could manage. We went home muddy, soaked and honestly happy! I love making memories!

And the finished product!


No comments: