Wednesday, December 1, 2010

first dentist visit!


I have been preparing Mac for this visit for the last month or so, and alot within the last week. And I made sure we were going to be going to a pediatric dentist because I was hoping that that would make it easier. And oh my goodness, they were amazing to work with! At first Mac was a little hesitant, but the girl let Mac play with the water sprayer and sucker in a cup for a few minutes and then they moved to his mouth with it. And she made the whole experience fun for him. They even let him help clean his own teeth. He held his mouth open so great every time they would look in it or clean in there. He even let them scrape the"sugar bugs" with their little scraping tool. It was really amazing to watch. The Dentist said his teeth look awesome! And they aren't touching yet so we don't have to worry about flossing but we need to start playing with the idea with him. And I have been worried about the fact that his teeth are discolored brown, but the Dentist said that is a great sign and it means his teeth are healthy. When he sees teeth like that those kids usually have better teeth in the long run. He didn't have to get x-rays this time because they didn't want to ruin his great behavior and she could tell that he was getting at the end of his attention span. I left a very happy Mama! And then I took Mac to pick out a prize at the store.


2 comments:

Kristen Moss said...

wow, I cannot believe that he did that good. I am dreading our first visit. What dentist did you see?
I am so scared to take Kman to the dentist. I am hoping for a good experience like yours!

Ashley said...

I love how he's totally dressed like a little Oregonian. *swoon!*