Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Laundry and gratitude...

Today these go hand in hand for me. I really dread the laundry, just as most do. But this morning it was different for me. It took me 30 minutes to spot clean Mac's clothes and spray-n-wash and scrub the collars and cuffs of Hubs's 6 dress shirts. Usually I would get so frustrated and annoyed, but today I realized while I was spraying and scrubbing, that I was more than happy to do this for my boys, and I was utterly grateful for the opportunity I have to serve my son and husband in this capacity. It is a complete privilege. I know crazy huh?

In the 30 minutes I was doing all of this I felt grateful that I was scrubbing the collar and cuffs of Hubs's dress shirts because it reminded me that I have a husband who works everyday really hard to support his family and make sure that we have everything we need, and also that my husband is a worthy priesthood holder who willingly goes to church every Sunday, he partakes in the sacrament, he has a testimony, he is willing to serve the Lord to his greatest capacity. He is completely devoted to me and our children.  How lucky I am that I have a sweet little boy that is mine to keep forever and that he is here with me getting his clothes dirty by being a kid and having fun. I am so lucky that a special young lady has trusted enough to care for the child she carried for 9 months. How lucky I am for all of these things.

I don't know exactly what got into me, except that I am more aware of the little things in my life to be happy about since I have been doing my Grateful Sunday posts.

I AM BLESSED BEYOND WORDS!

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Brenley,
You are such an inspiration! Way to look on the bright side, and see the positive, especially while doing the menial, day to day tasks.
Oh, and I must say, the stain remover "Zout" is the best stain remover ever, it can get grease, ink, and even strawberry stains out!

Sean and Steph said...

I am loving your gratitude posts!!! Not to give you less of an opportunity to serve, but I have found that shampoo is AMAZING on shirt collars and cuffs, as well as grease stains from food. Takes it right out, just apply, rub in a bit, and wash. Done!