Friday, June 11, 2010

A jewel in my crown...

One of my favorite things to do is go and check on Mac before we head to bed ourselves. Sometimes I like to linger a little longer than just to check on him. There is something about our own babies asleep, that is so magical, and that brings out my gratitude for this beautiful little guy in my life. He has filled such a huge hole in my heart since he came into my life two and half years ago. And that hole was meant just for him, no one else could have filled it. He is the little one that made me a Mother (from the arms of his Birthmother), and the wait for him was worth every heartache, every tear, every moment of despair. He was so worth it!
I also know that Mac's Birthmother C feels the same way on her end, she has told me many times that Mac is such a blessing in her life. I know she feels that all those moments in her life that brought Mac into our lives were worth it to have him in her life.
Something in my Patriarchal blessing that has always stuck out to me, even before I was married, is a part that talks about me being a Mother. It literally brings tears to my eyes every time I think about this phrase... "Your children will make up the jewels of your Eternal Crown."
Mac is definitely my little jewel that I wear proudly as his Mother, and I can't wait until I receive the rest of my little, glorious jewels.
The wait for their added shining, beauty in our lives will most definitely be worth the wait!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Before I became a mom I would read my patriarchal blessing over and over! It was the only thing that let me know I was for sure going to be a mother!