Friday, June 4, 2010

applique craft...

My cousin is going to be having twin boys very soon. And I had these in mind to make for her baby shower gift. But the typical me came out and I procrastinated until the couple of days before. When I got all the stuff and went to start my project, I couldn't find the foot pedal to my sewing machine (still haven't found it actually). So on the way to the baby shower I stopped at the store and bought two packages of diapers to take as a gift. I felt lame, but I know diapers are always welcomed, especially with twins. So recently my mom brought over her sewing machine and I finally got down to business yesterday. This craft project was much harder than I anticipated. But I will probably make more for future babies of friends. For girl ones, I would probably put some ruffles on the bum. Anyway, the top picture is the babies initials. And although the fabric looks kind of girly in the picture, in real life it looks more baby-ish than girly. I used a straight stitch on the letters and a zig-zag stitch on the whale and boat. If you look closely at any of them, they don't look perfect. Oh well... I think they turned out pretty cute.



5 comments:

Desiree said...

Wow, I can't believe how many people are having twins these days! Those are adorable. What a good idea!

Our Pratt Pack said...

I LOVE these onesies!!

Stephanie said...

I think they are a CUTE idea for baby showers. Maybe you'll be whipping up some for your new little bundle...

Kristin and Seth said...

How adorable and what a fun craft! I think I might have to give it a try! You did a great job!

Madame Hallie said...

These are so cute. Need to start an etsy shop.