Saturday, October 13, 2007

TWO Months!

Well it is exactly two months until our sweet baby boy is due!! I am so excited to become a mother and to see Hubs as a father. But as this time creeps forward, I am very scared for the roller coaster of emotions that our sweet birthmother will be going through. I am scared of how to handle them in a sensitive and loving manner. I am scared of how I should handle taking this baby into my arms and not make our birthmother feel like I am stealing him. I hope that I can adequately show our immensely deep love for her during this process so that she knows that she is making an amazing decision on behalf of her beautiful son. And that we are not taking him and leaving her behind. As I have heard someone say, this is the long, painful "birth" for those that adopt. And I am definitely feeling that at this moment.
My Mom sent me this book and CD this past week and it is so beautiful, I love it!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Brenley, I cannot even imagine what you're feeling, but I know you, and I know that you are so loving and caring. I really believe that this birth mother found you two for a reason.

I love that song. I saw her with Michael McLean while I was at BYU-Idaho and it was so awesome.

mrs. r said...

you will be great! remember to go into it thinking that she is the star. this is her time. let her get as much time as possible with the baby. take lots of pictures of her and with her ...not just of the beautiful sweetness you are going to call your own. this is the time when he is "her" baby. this is what she will always remember. i would also talk to her about how she envisions the hospital going. what are her expectations? does she want you to be there every day? bring clothes? whatever. you want those days in the hospital to be as perfect for her as you can. the hospital is so exciting ...but it is strange too. you won't really fit in any where. that's okay. be confident in the fact that you are the mom. you are. but let her have this time. you will be awesome i am sure as you are already concerned about her. we are all cheering for you.

Julee and Matt said...

I know that you and Bryce will be wonderful with the birthmother, and when the time comes I am sure Heavenly Father will help everyone with the transition of this sweet little baby.
Our thoughts and prayers are with all of you and can't wait until we have another little baby to play with.