Thursday, October 18, 2007

...the rest of the story!

If you need to refresh your memory, check out the first half of the story!

The next day was General Conference and Hubs had planned on going to the priesthood session at the Institute building and I would meet him there afterwards and pick him up to go to a movie. I think we checked out the movies and there wasn't anything good so we went and rented one and went back to my house and watch it. When it was over we left to take him back to his car at the Institute parking lot. When we got there, there was a truck blocking the entrance. So he wasn't going to be able to leave. So we headed up to Hendrick's Park and thought we would take a little night stroll through the park. When we were walking on the trail I ended up stopping and decided that I would kiss him. And I did successfully! So on our way back to the car Hubs decided to ask me if that meant anything. I was like "are you kidding me, I'm not a player!" And I told him that I really liked him and that is why I kissed him. We then drove back to get his car.

We then continued to spend every moment we could with each other. And a few weeks into dating he started talking about marriage, which totally freaked me out! And I told him that I was not ready yet. And then he so politely didn't bring it up again. A few weeks after that I then decided that I really did want to marry him. So we unofficially were engaged. Hubs then called my parents the next day to see if he could come over and talk to them about "something". And my parents were so excited. After my dad gave him the usual threats he told Hubs he could marry me.

So a few weeks went by and one night I woke up in the middle of the night and was totally FREAKED OUT by getting married, and I didn't sleep the rest of the night. I got up and went to work totally miserable. When I was at work I got a totally random phone call from a guy friend who lived out of state that I had not talked to in a few months. I told him that I was getting married and he totally went off on me, and kept on asking me if I really loved this guy. And that whole phone call did not help out the feeling I was already having. Hubs then called me as usual and he could tell I was being really weird on the phone and kept asking me what was wrong. He asked if he could come over that night so we could talk about what was bothering me. And I agreed. At lunch time I went to my parents house to talk to my mom and I remember sitting on the floor in her kitchen bawling. I told her about everything and she told me that I needed to talk to Hubs about it. That night Hubs came over and we sat on my bed with me bawling and him staying really calm trying to figure out what was wrong. We talked for a really long time and by the end of the night I was more in love with Hubs then ever before!

A few months later I picked out an engagement ring and Hubs went the next day and bought it. When it came in Hubs came over to my parents house and sat on the couch next to me and started rambling off all this stuff. I ended up thinking that he was breaking up with me and was in tears. He then got on one knee and re-asked me to marry him. A few months later we were married and sealed in the Portland Oregon Temple.

And now here we are almost seven years later...we have been through so much together, good and bad. And I love this man more than anything, there is no one on earth that I would rather be with. I am a lucky women!!

9 comments:

Marc and Megan said...

What a great story! I loved the part about you loving him even more after talking through your concerns with him. Such a cute love story you guys have! :)

Emily said...

Okay, all I remember is that you changed the wedding date so I couldn't go to your reception because I was still at school. That was not cool of you Brenley!

I love that you kissed him first and lied about not being a player! Just kidding, I know you're not a player. That is such a sweet story!!!

Andy, Amy, Zach and Abby said...

Love it! And how bold are you with the first kiss!?! You knew what you wanted and went for it and it worked out beautifully. Very sweet story and I'm glad you FINALLY finished it....haha. I was getting impatient waiting. ;)

Sonja said...

I'm so glad I got to read the end. I have been checking frequently. ;) You are such a wonderful couple with an adorable love story. I'm excited to see you both as parents...and I'm sure your marriage will only strengthen as you share this next phase together. Having a child together, regardless of how you come upon that child, brings a whole new dimension to how you see each other and it is very cool. So happy for you both!

Ben & Diane said...

ohhhhh......I really liked the story. Even though I've never personally met either one of you......I still really like you both. Isn't it great that we believe we love our spouses as much as we can when we get married and then 7 years later we realize we love them even more.

Julee and Matt said...

You guys are so cute and I am so glad that you and Bryce got married. It's nice to have "family" that's so cool. Love ya!

dust and kam said...

Hi Brenley!

I came across your blog through Marc and Megan's blog. But I guess you found me first! :) Thanks for the link!

I loved your story! Thanks for sharing. It's fun to think back and realize how our relationships have changed and evolved. It amazing how much love you can have for a person only to find that it grows more than you could imagine!

I am so excited for you both to become parents. It is coming quickly! You will be in my thoughts and prayers as you continue to embark on this great journey!

Brynne said...

What a great story. Isn't cool how things happen and even cooler that we remember every detail about them so we can tell our children? Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Lizzie said...

That is such a sweet story. And way to go for kissing him like that. I don't think I could've done that. Maybe done everything flirtatiously possible to get him to kiss me, but not be brave enough to do it myself. I love reading your blogs, especially about your new baby.