Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The Gift of ADOPTION...

Once upon a time there were two special WOMEN
who lived in different parts of the world. Two women and two different LIVES...and through a remarkable twist of fate, one gave you life and the other gave you purpose.
You were too SMALL to remember one of the women; the other is the one you know as Mother. The first one miraculously gave you life and the SECOND taught you to live your life to the fullest.
One was your guiding STAR and the other became your world. One gave you a beginning and the other gave you forever. One gave you existence, the other gave you their NAME. One gave you the ability to laugh and cry; the other was there to share your JOYS and tears.
When YOU were too small too know, one searched with an aching heart for the perfect home for you, knowing she couldn't provide it. The other anxiously waited for you to be a PART of her home and family and share a lifetime of PRECIOUS moments.
Both women loved you deeply. Both women prayed for your little life to be BLESSED many times over. You are truly a blessing and a precious gift.
Thank you for being the BEAUTIFUL part of our lives that can only be filled with the honored gift of knowing the love of a CHILD. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your world. The person that you have become is not a QUESTION of heredity or environment, but of two women and two kinds of LOVE.
-PATSY GAUT

8 comments:

Carlotta said...

WOW- where did you find that. it is beautiful!

FarrEver Family said...

I thought you wrote it till I read the end. I was so proud of you...I am proud of you, you are amazing. You will be an awesome mom!
PS E-mail me about whos addresses you need.

Andy, Amy, Zach and Abby said...

Wow, how beautiful! Pretty much says it all...

Julee and Matt said...

I think you should frame this and put it in his room. That is just amazing.

Marc and Megan said...

That is really beautiful! Thank you for sharing it... I may just have to 'borrow' it! :)

Emily said...

Hey Brenley,
that was really awesome. I just wanted to tell you how glad I am that you post things like this, and have links to lots of adoption sites. Before you I have never really known anyone who has adopted, and it seems like a completely different experience from what I know and am used to. I have loved reading everything you put on your blog about it!

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

I know you didn't write it, but you would have if it had occurred to you!

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

That was so beautiful! That little baby is going to be the luckiest boy in the world to have a mother like you!! I don't know if I know anyone more Christlike!