Tuesday, October 2, 2007

HOW WE MET...

It was seven years ago last week (Sept. 25th)...

I was sitting at work on a Monday and all of a sudden I had this very weird and very random feeling (or thought). I felt like I was going to meet the man I was going to marry that very night at FHE for my singles ward. It was so strange and totally ridiculous and I wasn't even sure why I had this feeling. Marriage was the farthest thing from my mind, especially since I just had sent off my second missionary the month before this.

So when I got home from work I tried to pick out the perfect outfit and do my hair and makeup perfectly and then headed over to the institute building for FHE. I walked in and saw some friends and started to hang out with them, keeping my eye on every guy that walked into the building, wondering if he was the "one". I ended up hanging out with my friend Clay outside on the steps when all of a sudden Clay got excited to see someone walking up the steps. I turned and saw Hubs and I instantly knew that HE WAS THE ONE! He was so cute of course!

Clay and him started talking and I found out through the two talking that Hubs had just gotten off his mission a few days before. We all went inside to play games and Hubs and I never really talked the rest of the night but were hanging out with the same people, because some how we knew all the same people but did not ever know each other.

Before the night was over I knew I needed to formally introduce myself to him. When it came to guys that I liked or thought were cute I was always very shy. But I managed to put that all aside an walked up to him sitting by himself in a chair and introduced my self to him. I asked him a few questions I am sure then it was over after maybe two minutes.

I left definitely with this guy on my mind. When I got home I told my roommate about him and how cute he was and the little bit that I knew about him. I didn't stop thinking about him all week. So then on Friday of the same week there was a dance at the institute building for the singles ward and I was so hoping that he would be there. And sure enough he eventually showed up. But he sat on the couch in the lobby talking to a friend who had also just returned from his mission. As I was walking by another friend of his said that I needed to go and get one of those guys to dance so that they wouldnt just be sitting on the couch all night. So I walked over and started to talk to them paying most of my attention to Hubs of course. During our conversation, which lasted longer this time, he had to ask me twice what my name was again. But I thought that I had actually caught his interest a little more this time, although I wasn't able to get him to dance.

The following week for FHE we ended up hanging out together with our friend Clay. And then the three of us just ended up hanging out most of the week together. The next week there was going to be a barn dance out of town, and Hubs, Clay and I decided that we would ride together. Then Clay decided that he wanted to go to Utah for some reason. So Hubs tried calling me to see if I still wanted to go with him, but I was gone until midnight celebrating another friends birthday. When I got home that night I was excited to see that he had called, but I didn't call him back because it was way too late. Hubs said that he waited up until really late for my call and was really disappointed when I didn't call him back. But the second I got home from work the next day I called him. We decided that we would still go together as long as he drove.

So he came to my house and we hopped in my car and drove the half hour to the barn dance. All I could remember was that I loved being with him. When we got to the dance I took him to meet my parents who were there because they were serving in the singles ward. Hubs and I ended up dancing every single dance together, and he would hold my hand when we weren't dancing, and oh boy was my heart fluttering. So I was all excited to go home to get a good night kiss. So when it came time for the kiss all I ended up getting was a hug. I was so disappointed. When I walked into my apartment my roommate wanted the scoop and I told her all about it, including my disappointment.

To be continued...

9 comments:

Laura & Geb said...

TO BE CONTINUED... oh man, I was SO INTO this story. It's so cute... I'll be watching for the continuation :-)

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Emily said...

Yea, me too! I never knew all of that Brenley! Finish the rest!!!!

Andy, Amy, Zach and Abby said...

I'm with Laura...don't leave me hanging! This is a super sweet story and I'm really enjoying reading it. Can't wait for the rest! :)

RoRo2 said...

That's how I felt about Jeremy, I just loved being with him and hanging out with him. Can't wait for the rest of the story.

I don't know if you remember me I have been reading your blog for a long time know, I introduced myself a while back but haven't commented much. We are also adopting (well on hold right now) and we are so excited for y'all.

Brynne, Aaron and Cade said...

It's so fun to hear your story with bryce. This is all stuff I didn't even know so thanks for sharing your little meeting mini series. I'm looking forward to your conclusion! :)

Jenni.Woodmansee said...

I absolutely LOVED reading your love story. actually i Loved your whole blog, i spent longer looking at yours than anyone elses!

congrats on everything in your life righ tnow. you seem so happy :)

Lizzie said...

Wow I was hanging on every word, because I haven't heard ANY of it. I am excited to read the rest.

Megan and Greg said...

That was so sweet. I love hearing how people meet. I LOVED IT!!!

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

that was awesome, thanks for sharing it!! I am so happy about your little baby!! It's getting close!!!