Sunday, September 27, 2015

bike rides, Fred's farm and anniversary...


Mac loves wearing Grandpa Dick's old hats.


You can't really tell, but she was filthy. This was right before lunch and made her go straight to the bath.



Oak saw a cute little black girl who had beads in her hair. Oak loved it and has been begging for me to put beads in her hair ever since. I finally caved. She kept them in for a few days.


Mac has been excited about his halloween costume. He had just gotten out of the shower and was supposed to be getting ready for bed, then he comes into my room like this. 


The kids went on a bike ride everyday this week. This day must Mac and grandma went and Mac brought me back a flower.


Grandma and I were getting things loaded to take to goodwill. And he kids were begging to have a garage sale. I said we weren't having one so the kids took it upon themselves to make their own. Mac was selling some of his action figures for $45. Steal of a deal. 


We have been a bit obsessed with taco salads this summer and it is a favorite for my picky eater. I thought it was funny that he was playing with his dinosaur and food. 


Just some post quiet time selfies.




We went out to dinner and on the way home we decided to stop at the park. 


So I finally got my bike set up so I could go on a bike ride with the kids and grandma. On our ride we were stopping to admire some farm animals when the owner of them saw us and asked if we wanted to come and see all of them. The kids had a blast and Fred was so nice. We ended up stopping there two days in a row.


This is Jethro and he likes to spit. Hence the big smile on Oak's face. He spends most of his time spitting at anyone who gives him attention. It is pretty funny.




Fred also gave us some garlic.


Daddy doing his nightly book reading with the kids. I never get tired of seeing this.


Thursdays I have two girls I watch. We decided to head to the park towards the end of the day and the kids for some reason were having trouble playing at the park and ended up sitting here trying to agree on something to play. 


We have been listening to Indian In The Cupboard on CD. And Mac really wanted to make his own "prairie". I helped a bit and I thought it turned out really cute.



The next morning before they even had breakfast they were out playing with their "prairie" and fairy place (Oak's)


I decided to skip the Get Set books and let her start the actual Explode the code. She was so excited!


Finally got thing organized the way I want them for school. The crates have a folder for each subject with their books for it. I love the task cards. I did it last year and needed to revamp it for the kids this year.


The kids helped grandma make apple pie. It was delish!


Friday was 15 years since the day Hubs and I met. Here is part 1 and part 2 of how we met.


We had this old gate on our property that wasn't being used so I took it down and took it apart. I am excited to make a coat rack shelf for the entryway.


The kids in the potting shed making plans to turn it into a chicken coop. Which we actually plan on doing. 


Saturday we got my dad's bike from storage and daddy came with us on a bike ride. 



1 comment:

James and Elizabeth said...

I can't tell you how much I love reading your blog. I want to comment on every single picture.

Hurray for bike rides. That is so cool
I'm excited to see your coat rack when it is finished.
Oh I love chickens, I think it's cool you plan to raise chickens someday.
I love your school corner I might copy your great idea.
Now I'm curious to research Explode the code.
OH and I love Indian in the Cupboard what a great book. I'll have to add that to our "to read" list.
Happy Happy Anniversary. It it wasn't so late I'd totally ready Part one and two, but it has to wait til tomorrow night.
I love love the picture of Hubs reading to Oak. Precious.
Hahahhaha oh and I love Mac's after the shower costume. That kids is the funniest thing ever.

I totally love Oak's beads I want to try that with my girls sometime. Was it difficult?